We are looking to recruit a Finance Manager to join our team at BFC. The role includes the preparation and provision to the management of financial information including management accounts, KPI`s, financial statements, Budgets, and other key metrics, ensuring consistent, accurate accounting system. The position will also require thorough knowledge of Ghanaian statutory obligations including tax filing, accounts submissions and other required returns.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Reporting to the General Manager, the duties will include:
- Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role, including AR, AP, GL, forecasting, budgeting.
- Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations, and for bank reconciliations.
- Ensure regular stock taking exercise.
- Perform full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts.
- Responsible for timely monthly management report.
- Develop and maintain internal and effective accounting system and policies for the set up.
- Manage and oversee the entire accounting team.
- Conduct all necessary training to keep the team`s skills and knowledge up to date.
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies in order that all statutory requirements of all Ghana entities are met.
- Ensure that all necessary documents are requested, collected, and compiled.
- Cash management in conjunction with the board.
- Prepare annual financial statements in accordance with the company’s code and liaising with the external auditors on matters relating to the audit of the accounts.
- Prepare monthly reconciliation of all intercompany transactions.
- Manage the company insurances and subscriptions, ensuring timely renewal.
- Supervise the input and handling of financial data and reports for the automated financial systems.
- Collaborating with and assisting the management in all relevant areas of the business.
- Preparation and filing of various tax returns.
- Monitor risk management policies and procedures to ensure that programs’ risks are minimized.
- Plan, collaborate and manage internal communications and awareness of corporate direction.
- Provide regular monthly and ad-hoc reports for management.
The role will also be required to perform related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
This is an excellent permanent opportunity for a candidate with at least 5 years’ experience in a similar position
- Must be a chartered accountant (ACCA/ICA Ghana)
- Audit background performed (ideally Big4)
- Must understand local payroll and tax legislation
- Must have sound knowledge of IFRS
- Must possess advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Must be honest, trustworthy and be able to demonstrate strong work ethics
- Must be able to work independently with the necessary discipline
- Must have excellent interpersonal, team building, analytical and problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Should be able to work well under pressure
- Must have supervisory skills
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role, to [email protected] with subject “Babator Finance Manager”.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to all applications individually.
If you do not hear from us within 10 working days, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“In submitting this application, I agree that Babator and AgDevCo may collect the personal data it contains and use that data for current and future recruitment.
In the event that my application is unsuccessful, I understand that my details will be securely destroyed after six months.”