Posted on :
5 Jul, 2016
5 Jul, 2016
The Ghana AIDS Commission is a supra-ministerial and multi-sectoral body established under the Chairmanship of H. E The President of the Republic of Ghana by Act 613, 2002 of Parliament. Its mandate is to provide support, guidance and leadership for the national response to the HIV and AIDS pandemic.
As portrayed in its institutional motto, “Working actively and in partnership to combat HIV and AIDS”, the Commission collaborates and works closely with a wide-range of organizations including development partners in carrying out its mandate of management and co-ordination of HIV and AIDS activities in the country. It provides funding support to Ministries, Departments, Agencies (MDAs), non-gevernmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), private sector enterprises, faith-based organizations (FBOs) and other civil society organizations to undertake HIV and AIDS activities in the country.
Mission The Ghana AIDS Commission, as the highest policy making body on HIV and AIDS, provides effective and efficient leadership in coordination of all programmes and activities of all stakeholders (MDAs, Private Sector, Development Partners and Civil Society) in the Fight against HIV and AIDS through advocacy, joint planning, monitoring and evaluation for the eventual elimination of the disease. undertake HIV and AIDS activities in the country.
The Ghana AIDS Commission has vacancy for the under-listed position and invites applications from persons with the requisite qualifications to apply for consideration.
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Objective of Position
• Responsible for managing the Director-General’s Secretariat and serves as personal assistant to the Director General. Performs administrative, managerial duties aimed at facilitating the efficient functioning of the office of the Director-General.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Maintains an efficient record-keeping system at the DG Secretariat with appropriate storage and retrieval facilities
• Retrieves and screens correspondence for the Director-General
• Ensures strict confidentiality of records at the DG Secretariat and sees to the security of such materials
• Prepares draft correspondence for the attention of the Director-General and sees to the efficient dispatch of the approved materials
• Arranges appointments for the Director-General in accordance with directives
• Receives guests on behalf of the Director-General in accordance with directives
• Ensures that he attention of the Director-General is brought promptly to critical functional issues and prepares the necessary background information for her / his action
• Maintains the Director-General’s diary and keeps her / him informed of schedules timeously
• Provides secretarial service to the Director-General and sees to their efficient delivery and management
• Covers meetings of the Director-General as required and prepares the necessary documentation
• Sees to travel protocol arrangements for officers as directed by the Director-General
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s Degree preferably in Administration (Public/ Business) or Management Studies
• A minimum of three (3) years of relevant post qualification working experience in administration and appreciable level of secretarial practice
• A first degree preferably in Administration and Management Studies or Secretaryship plus a minimum of eight (8) years working experience practice
• Must have very good communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be highly proficient in the use of the computer and the internet
How To Apply For The Job
Applications together with detailed CVs and copies of certificates are to be submitted to the address below:
The Director General
Ghana AIDS Commission
4th Floor, Ghana Olympic Committee Building
Adjacent Ridge Hospital
Or email us:
Or Tel: 0302-919259
Closing Date: 08 July, 2016