Hoteliers since 1897, we have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of our European heritage. We are dedicated to please, educated to entertain, and we never compromise on the European elegance of service. We pride ourselves on delivering a beautiful performance for each and every one of our guests. And for our employees, we provide a stage on which they can flourish and realise their full potential.
Job Title: Groups & Events Executive
Responsible for maintaining key attention on selling to meet personal and team revenue goals through warm and friendly client contacts, creative sales processes and effective “sales closings” techniques and planning in order to meet the event wishes and expectations of event planners.
Comprehensive consultation and mentoring of the Groups & Events Organizer under the consideration of the clients detailed needs & expectations with the goal to ensure optimal utilization and selling of the hotels conferences & rooms and revenue maximization in compliance with Kempinski standards.
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City
Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City – Accra is the only five-star luxury hotel offering state of the art meeting facilities and services in the city. Conveniently located in the downtown area and in close proximity to the State House, the Accra International Conference Centre and the National Theatre. The property has 269 luxury rooms (largest room size in Accra), 24 suites, a variety of F&B offerings as well as large conference facilities and the largest SPA in West Africa (opening soon), a perfect mix of categories to meet the needs of both corporate and conference visitors to the country
- Constantly gather, understand and apply the knowledge of food, beverage, technical equipment and inter-departmental procedures to the sales and planning process with the client.
- Maintain an up-to-date planning information portfolio for easy reference in the sales and planning process.
- Effectively represent the Hotel in all telephone, written and personal contacts with potential, past and current clients with warm and friendly guest contact, an ever-present willingness to assist.
- Prepare all information-sharing communiqués to the client and to other hotel departments precisely and thoroughly on a timely basis.
- Assume responsibility for all final preparations prior to the event and on the day of the event to ensure client satisfaction in line with the details of the planning process.
- Complete all reports on a timely basis as requested by the Director of Sales & Marketing and Groups & Events Manager.
- Maintain orderly event files recording all vital information on proper departmental forms should another team member be called upon to assist or should an issue following the event need to be substantiated.
- Bid a fond farewell to all event clients with a personalized letter of appreciation and complete follow up on all outstanding balances.
- Cross Sell other Kempinski Hotels as appropriate.
- Live and achieve the Kempinski Sales Vision.
- Follow up all enquiries within 24 hours of receipt and trace and follow up all past, potential and current client files on a regular basis.
- Follow all department guidelines.
- Assist other professional sales team members with overall team efforts to secure business and to produce all events to meet the expressed wishes and expectations of the client.
- Meet and exceed personal monthly, quarterly and/or annual sales goals and to assume partial responsibility for the creation of those goals.
- Focus all personal sales efforts on one specific Market Segment as agreed up by the entire sales team plus minor efforts on the wide range of other market segments being pursued by the team.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Degree in Hospitality or its equivalent required.
- Minimum two (2) years Sales and / or Operations experience in a 5 star hotel
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Ability to quickly adapt to a constantly changing market with a revenue positive effect
- Be proactive in achieving Groups & Events revenue goals
- Analytical approach to problem solving and demonstrated ability to “think outside of the box”
- Negotiation and selling skills
- Knowledge of food and menu preparation, service and presentation as well as pricing and cost strategies