Posted on :
29 Jul, 2016
29 Jul, 2016
Rotarians have not only been present for major events in history—we’ve been a part of them. From the beginning, three key traits have remained strong throughout Rotary:
We’re truly international. Only 16 years after being founded, Rotary had clubs on six continents. Today we’re working together from around the globe both digitally and in-person to solve some of our world’s most challenging problems.
We persevere in tough times. During WWII, Rotary clubs in Germany, Austria, Italy, Spain, and Japan were forced to disband. Despite the risks, many continued to meet informally and following the war’s end, Rotary members joined together to rebuild their clubs and their countries.
Job Title: Project Management Officer
• The Rotary team in Ghana seeks a project manager to ensure that all Rotary activities defined through the RIUSAID partnership are coordinated and integrated with those of USAID implementing partner, Global Communities and other relevant partners.
• The project management officer will provide direct management support to the Rotarian governance committee of the RI-USAID partnership in Ghana
• He/She will report directly to the Rotary Ghana Chairmain.
• In addition, will set high standards for the quality of work needed to consistently drive and achieve project goals in a timely manner, while providing ongoing communication among partners.
• Will be involved in Planning, management, coordination and financial control of the project.
• Assist with continuous capacity building for Rotary clubs of Ghana as identified by the Rotary Ghana, Global Communities and USAID Mission Ghana
• Conduct field site visits, monitor programme activity and ensure interventions meet programme guidelines.
Will be responsible for:
• The completion of the project on schedule and within budget
• Project objectives are met
• All and sundry are performing their jobs properly
• Separate project into day-to-day business activities
• Be aware of the project objectives
• Have clients interest at heart
• Advise on management of projects
• Managing other professional people working on the project
• Risk assessment
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s Degree preferred
• At least 3 to 5 years of professional programme management experience in water, sanitation and hygiene.
• At least two years of field work with a partner organisation preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
• Strong organisation skills with attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks appropriately, in a high-pressure environment
• Knowledge of NGO and public sectors and their work as it applies to WASH
• Understanding of Rotary and USAID, two large highly complex organisations
• Ability to manage partners and facilitate project implementation effectively
• Good leadership and supervisory skills, co-ordinates group activities, ensuring that roles within the teams are clear strong computer and technical skills, including tele/videoconferencing
How to Apply For the Job
To apply, please send you cover letter, CV and references to:
Closing Date: 03 August, 2016