Posted on :
9 Nov, 2017
9 Nov, 2017
At DAMCO, we believe that a long-term successful career happens when there is a match between what you are passionate about, what you are good at and what is needed by our business.
Job Title: Central & West Africa Area HSSE & Claims Manager
A successful career will include a variety of experiences that stretch you, bring you out of your comfort zone and offer you an opportunity to learn and grow in ways that also build our business.
• Manage all HSSE matters within the area in accordance to Damco standards.
• Supporting implementation of minimum HSSE standards and culture in warehouses, particularly WND facilities
• Liaise with countries and local management to implement HSSE standards and requirements.
• Be an active participant within the Damco HSSE management team.
• Roll out Damco HSSE training within your area.
• Have oversight of area H&S legal compliance.
• Produce area HSSE documentation based on Damco global HSSE documents.
• Security Point of Contact for local Clients and Authorities.
• Conducts HSSE risk assessments and ensure corrective and preventive measures are undertaken.
• Periodic review of country HSSE documentation.
• Investigates, analyses and reviews all Health & Safety incidents, Near Misses, and local security incidents.
• Escalate major security incidents to Region HSSE Manager.
• Audit subcontractors & follow-up to ensure adequate performance
• Providing support for commercial and compliance efforts
• To handle, assist, support and monitor cargo claims, claims handling, legal disputes, negotiations, dispute resolution and settlements in co-operation with the relevant internal stakeholders. Facilitate speedy communication to customers and internal and external stakeholders when necessary.
• Execute on procedures to make recoveries more efficient, building a rapport with internal and external stakeholders, ensuring success and improvement of initiatives.
• Handle larger incident related claims, assisting on strategies, coordinating with third parties (non-customers) and ensuring effective, time-sensitive processing.
Who we are looking for
• Minimum 5 years of HSSE & claims experience within logistics
• Sound understanding of legal principles related to the international carriage of goods
• Fluency in English and local dialect if appropriate
• Understand freight forwarding & warehousing logistics activities, relationships and constraints.
• Minimum University graduate.
• Membership of TAPA, ASIS or other HSSE organization or holding relevant qualifications such as OHSAS preferred.