Education Development Center (EDC) is one of the world’s leading nonprofit research and development firms. Established in 1958, EDC designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the world’s most urgent challenges in education, health, and economic opportunity. Our services include research, training, educational materials, and strategy, with activities ranging from seed projects to large-scale national and international initiatives.
Job Title: Logistics Officer
To ensure sound Logistics management systems comply with donor rules and regulations. The Logistic Officer will perform a full range of Logistics management duties, including office procurement and project travel planning. This position is located in Accra, Ghana.
- Manages all contracts including supply, transport and rental contracts
- Identifies and negotiates with suppliers, transporters and landlords for office, warehouse and guesthouse facilities.
- Supervise the Purchases of supplies, equipment and items according to the rules and regulations of EDC.
- Makes sure the deliveries are processed in an adequate and timely manner
- Maintains professional business practices with EDC suppliers and facility providers
- Maintains a supplier database
- Keeps an updated file of field assets, equipment and procurement documents
- Share an inventory monthly report.
- Supervise proper management of all stocks.
- Ensure all equipment are appropriately labeled with inventory codes
- Regularly conduct physical inventory checks of all stocks
- Supervise the preparation and implementation of Purchase Requests, Quotations, Purchase Orders, Contracts, Delivery Notes, Handover Certificates and Receipts of Payment
- Coordinate and present logistics support to all EDC activities including procurement and workshop activities.
- Develop reports on material and various operational logistics problems
- Draw up procurement plans and consolidate purchases (monthly)
- Follow with program teams to review their needs/orders (Weekly)
- Do quality control for all supplies ordered and delivered
- Facilitate proper filing of all procurement documents (PoDs)
- Might be involved in security tasks
- Identify added logistic training requirements to attain high working standards.
- Coordinate activities for visas and expatriate registrations.
- Any other tasks as required by your direct supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors Degree with three years of experience in logistics management
- Experience working in the NGO sector will be an advantage
APPLICATION CONTACT AND DETAILS TO APPLY
EDC is committed to diversity in the workplace.
EDC offers a supportive work environment, competitive salary, and excellent benefits.