Posted on :
5 Dec, 2017
5 Dec, 2017
Our company is an active exploration company in Ghana. The company is currently doing aggressive exploration in several projects in Ghana. We are currently looking for qualified exploration geologists to join us.
Job Title: Exploration Geologist
• Perform geological mapping and various sampling campaigns over prospect areas.
• Monitor and control varied samples, ensure adequate insertion of QAQC samples.
• Oversee surface drilling programs, from the planning stage to the interpretation stage. This includes overseeing drill rigs and drill crews for geology group, creating drill plans, providing logistical support, and presenting final data.
• Perform accurate core logging and sampling.
• Create and communicate results and progress via presentations and written reports to Senior Exploration Geologist.
• Compile various reports for the company needs and government needs
• Coordinate with other team members to complete various tasks required
Qualification Required & Experience
• Ability to work safe and promote safe behavior in others.
• Ability to conduct field work (steep grades, rugged terrain, carry heavy samples) in a safe manner required
• BS degree in Geology or equivalent discipline, MSc degree in similar field of study helpful but not required.
• A minimum of 1 year experience in gold exploration, graduates with demonstrated ability to be considered
• Ability to identify rocks and minerals in a field setting.
• Basic understanding of geologic processes and structural settings, sampling techniques, and analytical processes.
• Good oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision required
• Skilled at the use of Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint and Excel Spreadsheets.
• Experience in the use of GIS software preferred.
• Sets high standards for self and others, builds trust and takes accountability.
Location: Hwidiem, Brong Ahafo Region
How to Apply
Send CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing Date: 02 February, 2017