Posted on :
6 Mar, 2017
6 Mar, 2017
The Authority seeks to invite applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the above-mentioned vacancy at the Ghana Civil Aviation Training Academy (GATA).
Under the general supervision of the Director of GATA, the successful candidate will ensure that all the various functions/ tasks are performed as indicated below
Job Title: Instructional Systems Design Specialist
• He/she will design Flight Standards Training, focusing on areas of course development/ revision and quality control.
The Specialist will
• Develop and design training course materials, instructor guides, student guides, power points, job-aids, and handouts to be used in courses.
• Perform quality control checks on course development/revision projects throughout the development/revision cycle.
• Assist in planning all or major phases of the instructional systems design (ISD) process, including needs analysis, task analysis, course/programme design and testing, selection of instructional media and methods, and formative and summative evaluations.
• Develop web-based training products, using state-of- the-art software development tools.
• Create templates, write macros, and manipulate graphics used in training programmes, and evaluate software packages used in training development.
• Design and develop training system methodologies and coordinate information regarding training issues evolving as a result of new or impending regulation, and provide written and oral recommendations to the supervisor.
• Apply knowledge of instructional design when conducting conformity reviews for quality on course development/revision products to ensure courses are developed in accordance with GATA conformity standards.
• Participate in formulating internal training policies and procedures, and develop course materials according to regulations, policies and standards.
• Identify weaknesses and strengths in the processes used, and recommend necessary improvements.
• Identify, plan and organize available resources to accomplish projects, and make optimal use of time and resources to complete activities within established schedules.
Qualification Required & Experience
The applicant must have a Master’s Degree in Education or Training and Development. The area of study must include at least four of the following five areas:
• Learning theory, psychology of learning, educational psychology: Study of learning theories as they relate to the systematic design, development, and validation of instructional material.
• Instructional design practices: Study of the principles and techniques used in designing training programs, developing design strategy and models, and applying design methods to the improvement of instructional effectiveness.
• Educational evaluation: Study of the techniques for evaluating the effectiveness of instructional/educational programs, including developing written and performance tests and survey instruments, and determining reliability and validity of evaluation instruments.
• Instructional product development: Study of the techniques appropriate for developing training materials, including identifying learner characteristics, specifying objectives,applying training strategy, validating training materials, and evaluating training.
• Computers in education and training: Study of the application of computers in education and training, including selecting appropriate computer software.
• Knowledge of the major principles, theories, and research findings in adult learning, including surveys, tests, and analysis of results.
• Knowledge of and skill in applying all phases of the instructional system design approach, including needs analysis, task analysis, selecting appropriate training technologies and methods, and formative and summative evaluations in order to plan, administer, and evaluate the application of the ISD approach in technical training and assess its impact on the teamer.
• Knowledge of advanced training technologies, such as interactive computer-based instruction, web-based, and/or blended learning approaches.
• Skill in applying critical thinking to resolve issues and make recommendations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should forward their curriculum vitae with a covering letter to:
THE DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES,
GHANA CIVIL AVIATION AUTHORITY
Closing Date: 16 March, 2017
NB: ONLY SHORT LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED