Purpose of the PositionTo provide leadership and management in developing and rolling out a Food Security and Resilience Technical Programme for WV Ghana and oversee the alignment of the Food Security and Resilience Technical Approach, Technical Programme and Project Models with the 2016 – 2021 strategic objectives of WV Ghana. This position will also ensure that AP interventions are contributing towards food security and resilience of their targeted households and communitieMajor ResponsibilitiesLeadership in Strategic PlanningLead in the development, revision of the Household Food Security and Resilience Technical Approach in line with NO strategy, WARO Strategy, WV internal standards and policies.Design, Monitoring and Evaluation
Job Title: Food Security & Resilience Techinical Manager
- Lead the design, monitoring and evaluations of the food security and economic development technical programme in line with the WV Strategy and internal standards and ensure its management (including monthly, semi-annually and annually reporting).
- Support the design, monitoring and evaluation of food security and economic development project models at AP (Area Programme) level and ensure that lessons leant are documented and inform new initiatives; and human interest stories published
- Develop assessment, analytical and impact M&E tools that are conducive and stimulate local production and markets and establish linkages with stakeholders.
- Develop innovative approaches to monitor and evaluate the performance, effectiveness/impacts of Food Security interventions.
Support Programme Development & Implementation
- Provide technical advice on best practices and approaches to sustainable livelihoods programming.
- Provide technical backstopping on livelihoods intervention/program implementation and document lessons learned.
- Assist Clusters Programmes Managers to establish Savings Groups in each community of intervention and other products and to liaise with Vision Fund Ghana to ensure that successful groups access micro finance to develop and grow their micro enterprises / businesses.
- Support food Security and livelihood response programming in emergency contexts
Support Fundraising & Resource Acquisition
- In coordination with Resources Acquisition and Management Unit and Communications Unit, develop fact sheet, posters, videos and other communication support that will be used to disseminate WV Ghana successes in Food Security and Resilience and then contribute to increase its portfolio.
- Lead the funding diversification that supports employment creation, income generation, value addition and marketing opportunities for target families, groups (including youth) and communities
- Support fund raising activities through networking, proposal and concepts development (as necessary) for livelihoods interventions.
- Build staff capacity and provide technical assistance to stakeholders and communities to ensure effective partnering that improves results.
- Identify the needs and organize trainings to develop the capacity of WVG staff and partners to increase their competence in sustainable Food security & Economic development.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection and orientation of new Food security program/project staff.
- Assist in developing terms of reference (TOR) for WVG Food security & Economic development consultants.
Partnering & Networking
- Liaise with donors, SOs, UN agencies, Government and other NGOs to ensure partnering, accountability, adequate reporting, coordination and compliance with regulations.
- Build and strengthen effective relations and partnerships between WVG and actors in Food security & Economic development for networking and cross learning to enrich WV Food security programs/ interventions
- Represent WVG at Food Security forums- meetings, workshops, conferences and contribute to technical interactions and discussions on the same.
Minimum Education, Training And Experience Requirements
- Post graduate degree in Business Administration, Food Security, Agriculture, and Economics).
- 5 years post qualification experience in small business development and management
- Other Requirement
- Proven experience in managing livelihoods and economic development projects.
- Experience in proposal writing and the successful acquisition of grants.
- Ability to communicate on Food Security topics with diverse groups: farmers, managers, bureaucrats, donors, etc.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible worldview, emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment