Posted on :
7 Mar, 2017
7 Mar, 2017
Wenchi Rural Bank Limited provides banking products and services. It offers current accounts, savings accounts, micro savings, fixed deposits, Islamic savings, Daakye Anidaso savings; and group loans (micro credit), individual loans (micro credit), commercial loans, funeral loan, Susu loans, church development loans, salary loans, consumer credit, over draft, and agro loans. The company also provides remittance services that include Western Union Money Transfer, MoneyGram Transfer, Apex Link Money Transfer, MTN Mobile Money Transfer, and E-Zwich transactions. It assists and empowers farmers, cooperative groups, and small businesses in and around Wenchi, Bamboi, and Bole. The company was founded in 2010.
As the head of the IT Dept. you will be responsible for all the IT functions of the bank.
1. Responsible for installation and maintaining computer hardware, software and networks.
2. Responsible for effective management of the company’s server/network infrastructure and security systems to support business operations and satisfy clients needs in a timely and professional manner.
I.T. strategy and policy development.
1. Participate in the development of strategy/business plan for the I.T. department.
2. Participate in the development and review of policies; standard operating procedures (SOPs) work plan and other support systems including monitoring mechanism in managing the technology department of the company to achieve the targeted objectives.
I.T. Infrastructure Design and Management
1. Plan and develop I.T infrastructure requirements and technical specifications based on existing projects and future computing needs/requirements of the company.
2. Ensure that the I.T. infrastructure and security systems operate effectively and efficiently within the agreed targets.
3. Oversee the installation and configuration of hardware, software and other accessories in an efficient and effective manner.
4. Undertake research and make appropriate recommendation on I.T. products and services in support of all procurement and development efforts.
5. Manage Service Level Agreements, Service Measurement and Service Reports with Business Units.
6. Provide an effective, reliable and protected communication infrastructure that conforms to industry best practice to support all corporate computer system with the company.
7. Develop for review and approval disaster recovery drills/strategies and business continuity plans and implement same to safeguard the company’s data and information.
1. Responsible for the maintenance and management of the I.T. assets of the company. Coordinate and supervise ongoing performance tuning hardware upgrade and resource optimization as required.
2. Conduct regular reviews and testing of backup systems, disaster recovery systems and update business continuity plans to ensure integrity of the company’s effective data and information.
1. Monitor the implementation and adherence to approved I.T. infrastructure policies and regulations to ensure maximum protection of I.T. systems and operations for the company.
2. Responsible for the monitoring and implementing service level agreements of the company.
3. Investigate all I.T. related issues and examine appropriate solutions and corrective measures.
4. Test and monitor the performance of servers/networks and provide performance reports to management to guide and support future strategic decision for the maintenance of I.T infrastructure and networks to satisfy changing needs of clients.
5. Give updated reports on all I.T. issues to the Chief Executive Officer on regular basis.
Required Skills and Experience
1. Minimum of 1st Degree in Computer Science with 5 years working experience in the relevant filed.
2. Must demonstrate the following skills.
• Management and supervisory skills.
• Ability to install and administer computer hardware, software and networks.
3. Team building skills.
4. Effective verbal, written, presentation and listening communication skills.
5. Knowledge in computer networks administration and network installation. Trouble shooting, e-mail and internet programs.
6. In depth knowledge and understanding of the implementation of I.T Security tools and techniques.
Net Salary of GHC 2500 a month
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter plus your resume to [email protected]
Dead line for submission of application letter is 15th March 2017.