Posted on :
6 Sep, 2013
6 Sep, 2013
Duties: The rector shall be responsible for the day to day administration of the Techiman Campus of the University and shall report to the Vice Chancellor.
Tenure of Office: Candidates are eligible to hold office for five (5) years, renewable for another five (5) years only.
Conditions of Service: Very attractive terms and conditions ofservice which shall be specified in the instrument of appointment.
Qualification Required & Experience
The position of Rector of Valley View University, Techiman Campus will become vacant towards the end of the year.
Applications are therefore opened for interested persons for possible appointment to the position of Rector.
Candidates should not be above 60 years and must be Seventh-day Adventists of regular standing who possess dynamism and administrative acumen to be part of top management team that provides leadership in an academic. administrative. social, spiritual, and fiscal environment.
Applicants must also possess the following:
• A minimum of two (2) years experience as Dean or Head of Department in a recognised university or analogous institution:
• Must be at least a Senior Lecturer or on analogous rank in a similar institution: (Professorial rank and PhD will be an advantage)
• Ability to provide administrative and academic leadership in a Seventh-day Adventist higher education sector in the Ghanaian context:
• A sound knowledge and appreciation of emerging global trends in higher education;
• excellent inter-personal relationship that will reflect in harmony among administrative staff;
• innovative skills and ability to advise on the strategic direction of the Satellite Campus: ability to initiate strategies to implement strategic goals:
• ability to supervise the activities of faculty members and motivate same for higher productivity:
• Ability to show demonstrable evidence of continuing research and publications:
• Ability to efficiently manage and optimise the human, financial and material resources of the Campus
How To Apply For The Job
• Interested candidates should submit a copy of ‘their curriculum vitae, with qualifications, working experience, list of publications (if any) with dates etc.
• Candidates should also send, in a maximum of three (3) pages of A4 paper in 1.5 line spacing using ‘Times New Roman” a clear statement of their vision for the Campus and strategies for achieving it.
• Candidates should request three (3) referees to send reports on them to the address indicated be low.
• Candidate should pick up an Application for Employment Form at the Human Resource Dept. of the University or download same at the University’s website (www.vvu.edu.gh )
Applications should be addressed to:
Search Committee for Rector
Valley View University
P.O Box AF 595
Closing Date: 30 September, 2013