Posted on :
4 Sep, 2017
4 Sep, 2017
The Admin / Accounts officer is responsible for organizing office operations and procedures. The role entails the preparation of financial statements, purchasing and maintaining accounts payable and managing daily office operations.
Job Title: Accounts/Admin Officer
• Overall day to day office management
• Schedule appointments, meetings and conferences, and make travel arrangements including reservations.
• Record, type, and distribute meeting minutes.
• Compose standard letters and emails in response to routine correspondence.
• Maintain, process, distribute, and update records, files, and documents.
• Maintain inventory of office supplies, requisition new supplies, and distribute supplies to authorized parties.
• Maintain existing financial systems including petty cash, income & expenditure records and process all payments through monthly bank reconciliation.
• Maintain and report expense account activity.
• Prepare, process, and verify invoices, bills, cheques and receipts.
• Ensure timely payment of suppliers and vendors.
• Record and verify entries or accounts, journals, logs, and general ledgers.
• Balance accounts and reconcile statements.
• Compute and make payment of taxes and utility bills.
Qualification Required & Experience
• HND/ Degree in Accounting Finance or a related field
• At least two years of experience in finance, accounting and admin work.
• Good knowledge of administrative and accounting regulations and government procedures
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills
• Ability to prioritize and organize work tasks
• Excellent PC skills with proficiency in Microsoft applications and Accounting software (QuickBooks or similar software)
• Excellent communication, management and interpersonal skills with the ability to identify issues and solutions and ensure timely action.
• Proactive thinker and perceptive individual.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Enthusiastic and engaging.
• Strong work ethic and high sense of professionalism.
• Ability to work under pressure and under minimal supervision.
How to Apply
Qualified applicants should send CVs to: [email protected]
Closing Date: 28 September 2017