Vibrant Village Foundation is a private foundation based in Portland, Oregon, U.S.A. Founded in 2010, the Foundation supports projects in the areas of agriculture, livelihoods, water and sanitation, health and
education. Vibrant Village Foundation invests in the potential of communities around the world.
The Program Manager is the Foundation’s top management position for its directly implemented program in Upper West region of Ghana. This person is responsible for all programmatic, administrative and financial operations. The Ghana Program, originally started in 2011, has built a foundation for its work in water and sanitation, and has strong community trust. The Program Manager will continue the program’s work in water and sanitation with a renewed focus on sustainable results, while also designing new interventions in food security, livelihoods and economic development. The Foundation is committed to supporting communities towards self-reliance and prosperity with dignity.
- With a focus on responding to community needs, create a process of community engagement that promotes broad participation and community ownership of outcomes. Lead the assessment process to better understand gaps and opportunities for future programming.
- Design an integrated development program that addresses fundamental needs in the community around food security, access to water, sanitation and livelihoods and which also addresses gender equity, provides access to marginalized groups (including the disabled) and defines a clear exit
- Demonstrate impact by building a strong monitoring and evaluation system to track inputs and outputs, and to capture and analyze outcomes. Utilize evidence-based results to inform future program decisions.
- Prepare quarterly narrative and financial reports;
Strategy & Vision
- Lead the in-country strategic planning process, which incorporates longer term (3-5 year) visioning with short-term (annual) planning.
- Drive the evolution of program design, to continually seek cost efficiency, improvements in quality and project sustainability.
- Seek and establish partnerships as needed to expand the program’s impact.
- Manage and inspire a team based on the principles of hard work and mutual respect.
- Build a team culture of urgency, efficiency and dedication to constant improvement and achievement of annual targets and milestones.
- Promote accountability by utilizing a professional development process for managing performance expectations, ensuring healthy communication and driving excellence.
- Support the development of team member’s professional capacity and ability to advance to new levels of leadership and responsibility within the organization.
- Develop and maintain systems that ensure the safety and security of all team members.
- Represent the Foundation to external audiences by conveying a clear vision of the organization’s vision, mission and goals.
Finance and Administration
- Manage program budget and ensure adequate cash flow to maintain operations.
- Ensure compliance with local foundation policy, including but not limited to those pertaining to charitable activities, taxation, labor and general financial management.
- Adhere to HQ financial, administrative and operational policies and observe segregation of duties between finance and administration.
- Support coordination between finance, program and administrative teams to ensure smooth operations.
- Ensure programs are delivered on time, on target and on budget with a focus on resource efficiency.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: All field staff in Ghana
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to the Senior Director, Programs & Partnerships
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: HQ based staff
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- BA or equivalent in field such as international development, social science, organizational management.
- 3-5 years field experience directly managing the implementation of humanitarian & development programming in a developing country.
- Experience in team management, budget management, program evaluation (M&E), project management; 1-3 areas of technical sector experience required.
- The successful Program Manager blends a combination of curiosity, innovation and the desire to improve the lives of people around the world.
- He or she will be a demonstrated leader, with the ability to inspire and motivate staff and partners. He or she will drive improvements to the organization and its work by a mixture innovation and the ability to inspire others to perform at their very best.
- The Program Director position is based in a Wa with frequent travel to project sites near Fielmuo. Wa has access to services and health care, however no airport at the present time.
- Employees of the Vibrant Village Foundation represent the Foundation both during and outside work hours. Employees are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws and customs, Foundation policies, procedures and values at all times.
To Apply: Please send one-page cover letter, as well as your most recent resume to [email protected] with the subject line: Ghana Program Manager. Applications will be accepted until 30 November, 2017, on a rolling basis. We will only contact those applicants chosen for an interview.
Please state your desired salary in your cover letter. Applicants will be required to provide references of their last three supervisors if they are short-listed.
We value a diverse workforce and extend equal opportunity to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Thank you for your interest!