Posted on :
30 Nov, 2021
30 Nov, 2021
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Job Title: Solution Manager for Visa Direct – Manager for West & Central Africa
The candidate filling this role will be leading our efforts to grow and expand Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) Visa Direct solution. Visa Direct is a payment service that Visa provides to clients (fintechs, issuers, acquirers, processors, merchants, and service providers) to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa and bank accounts globally using push payment technology. In CEMEA region, Visa Direct consumer and business applications include remittances, person to person (P2P) transfer, person to merchant payment (QR payments), and funds disbursement (e.g. insurance claim disbursements, Payouts).
We are at the core of Visa’s overall vision to be the best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere. We are fueled by a diverse team of talented team-members who continuously raise the bar on delivering best-in-class products and services to people all over the world.
We are looking for Managers within our Solutions Management team with varying levels of experience and background (8-12 years) to join our progressive team.
The candidate should be able to lead commercialization and technical solution sessions with Visa clients and provide expert advice to clients’ business leaders and partners who want to use Visa Direct capabilities for various use cases (including assessment of clients’ business problem or market opportunity, helping clients use the right APIs, and leading solution architecture definition with clients).
The candidate will direct the clients’ technology teams on solution design and lead deep-dive sessions to define user flows. In addition, he/she must be highly collaborative, bring a structured approach to client engagement and documentation, employ moderation and facilitation skills, have a passion for payments, and have an ability to communicate complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences. The role will require leading complex solution discussions and will span multiple teams, projects, geographic locations, and time zones Visa is looking for self-starters that are thought leaders with a proven track-record of success in fast-paced payments technology environments with demanding timelines.
• BA/BS degree with an aptitude and passion for technology
• 8-12 years of related work experience
• Have a strong engineering or architecture background focused on Web technologies, APIs (REST/JSON), and machine-to-machine communication over the Internet.
• Be willing and able to get hands-on with technology teams or deep-dive into user flows with clients.
• Be as comfortable working with an institutional developer at one of Visa’s large banking clients as with a developer at a payments startup.
• Ability to wear multiple hats which will include working with business in driving commercialization for Visa Direct in the region
• Eagerness and self-starting approach and an entrepreneurial mindset
• Problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and critical thinking skills
• Must be team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
• Knowledge or experience with Agile methodology to drive product development and delivery
• Experience in presenting ideas and thoughts to senior level leaders
• Must be fluent in French and English