Posted on :
16 Oct, 2017
16 Oct, 2017
Vobiss Solutions Ltd (Vobiss) is a Systems Integration and a Communications Infrastructure provisioning company. Established in 2009 in Ghana. We provide specialist advisory services and solutions across five verticals in Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Smart Energy, Telecommunication infrastructure and Electronic Security to enterprises within the emerging markets of sub-Saharan Africa, in particular Ghana and Nigeria.
Over the last five years, Vobiss Solutions Ltd has focused its capabilities primarily in the delivery of services and solutions to organisation with the public utilities sector(electricity, water and gas). To a lesser extent, Vobiss has also developed opportunities within other sectors, such as banking and governmental organisations, where it has added value to client operations.
Our vision is to become a leading Systems Integrator and Infrastructure services provider in Sub-Saharan Africa.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PROJECT MANAGER
Title: Project Manager
Location: Accra (Ghana)
This role reports to the Operations Director and Managing Director
Project Execution Planning
1. Responsible for project planning the development activities and support management decisions.
2. Represent the company as the main point of contact for the project contractors, subcontractors, and on-site activities.
3. Develop the necessary schedule and plans for delivering of services to client.
4. Responsible for the project financials, including project billing schedules.
5. Oversee project change orders and request for information logs.
1. Participate in key decisions as a member of the Senior Management team.
2. Monitor and or direct the engineering teams.
3. Develop performance measurements of the awarded servicing companies.
4. Develop cohesive and effective project teams
5. Ensure all Senior and Junior project staff have a personal development plan and are formally appraised annually, or more frequently by agreement.
6. Liaise with the Managing Director, regarding the cost control of the projects for which he/she is responsible.
7. Maintain relations with external subcontractors and manage project delivery.
8. Support and promote the HS initiatives and programs within the ongoing projects.
9. Identify potential problems and proactively address them.
10. Support project proposal efforts, including identifying deliverables and commercial issues by reviewing RFP / contract specifications, and working with the engineering team on a cost-effective execution model.
11. Work with Vobiss’s Managing Director and Operations Director to oversee employee incentive plans.
BSc or Master in Telecommunications, Information Technology, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering from a reputable university and Telecoms Project Management in the background are essential for this role.
*PMI, PMP or PRINCE 2 Certification required
KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Ability to lead, motivate and provide project expert advice to the entire team
Ability to discuss confrontational issues (example project delays, etc) with servicing / subcontracting companies
Detailed knowledge of the Telecoms and Energy industry
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a telecommunication industry,
Competence in project delivery in timely and cost-efficient manner
Demonstrable evidence of influencing, managing or controlling projects in a complex and changing business environment.
Proven Mentoring /Coaching & Training Skills
The candidate has to be a self-starter to hit the ground running.
Annual Net Salary-Negotiable
Fuel for car
Company Health Insurance Scheme