Role purpose: Responsible for ensuring that all offences including theft, fraud, corruption and dishonesty are investigated and reported in a consistent manner. Incorporate investigative best practises and lessons learnt into existing security policies. Support coordination of engagements with Law enforcement and security agencies to provide security assurance to the Vodafone network. Support security and judiciary training to enhance court proceedings on cable theft cases. Support on disciplinary procedures, legal and contractual issues.
Job Title: Investigator
- Support with the operationalisation of already established court to enhance proceedings on cable theft cases.
- Record and coordinate full investigation of reported allegations of fraud and breaches within the business and maintain appropriate administrative and legal paperwork/ records for all investigations
- Provide evidence where needed in disciplinary/ criminal proceedings regarding investigations conducted and analyse with recommendations given on escalated cases from across the business
- Conduct pre-employment screenings as required and provide statistical and comprehensive report on investigated cases as requested whiles ensuring accuracy and integrity of data and statements produced.
Governance and Reporting
- Agreeing on investigations procedure with Security and Investigations manager/ Corporate Security Manager and preparation of investigation reports
- Analysis and reporting of internal and external security violations, cooperation with law enforcement agencies and the implementation of findings, in conjunction with other departments.
- Timely and accurate provision of recommendations on investigated cases to senior management for decision making.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience investigation procedures and reporting
- Knowledge of key areas of business operation in Vodafone or telecommunications business
- Strong analytical and written ability, Results orientated with a process improvement and commercial focus.
- Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised tertiary institution