The Director of Technology will lead the development, delivery and operation of a world class network [and information technology infrastructure] which delivers quality, competitive advantage, a differentiated customer experience at an acceptable return on investment. He/She is a member of the executive leadership team that shapes the strategic direction, business plans and capabilities of the OpCo. The successful Person will be responsible for contributing to the OpCo business performance through management of Technology resources measured through OpEx, Capital Intensity and FTE productivity. He/She will support the execution of the end-to-end business agenda in the Spirit of Vodafone and provide visible leadership, creating a high performance culture as well as developing a world class technical team, that is admired by the industry. In adddition, He/She will drive end-to-end execution and customer accountability in the local market.He/She is also responsible for driving and managing the relationship with key stakeholders and vendors. The Director of Technology will manage the technology department by ensuring that Network and IT systems planning, development, implementation and operations, provide the best customer experience, whilst maintaining alignment to Group. He/She will also drive Vodafone Tech 2025 agenda from a Telco to a TechCo
Job Title: Technology Director
Key Accountabilities and Decision Ownership
- Manage the Technology department to deliver according to company targets and strategies with positive participation as a company executive.
- Ensure the management of activities and resources of network planning, implementation, optimisation, operation and maintenance delivering best in class network quality and availability.
- Ensure the management of IT systems architecture; planning, implementation and operation delivering the quality, availability and capacity required to support all business units.
- Ensure total alignment with One Vodafone guidelines and Group directions for the technology department strategy and deliverables.
- Develop capabilities with local high quality resources to cooperate with and engage in Group Technology projects and activates.
- Manage the design, build, project management and service management of enterprise communication products and services
- Develop policies and procedures for the technology department to support all business objectives
- Develop and implement professional technical disciplines, protocols and standards across the organisation including SPOC for technology and cyber security risks and mitigations
- Develop and led by example a health and safety conscious technology team and culture
Qualification and Experience
- BSC in Telecom and /or IT as a Minimum
- 20 years of management experience in IT, Networks and / or Telecom
- Demonstrate the ability to develop relationships at industry, academic and community level to promote Vodafone technology
- Must be able to support the regional CTO and ensure achievement of the regional and global technology agenda in the OpCo
- Financial Management Skills
- People Management Skills with great records
- Ability to drive change within Technology function with business priorities in mind
- Stakeholders & Vendor management skills
- Leads, motivates and develops large teams
- Results driven and goal oriented through proper planning
- Maintain Business and Group strategy focus
- Focus on internal and external customer delight.