The role resides in the Core Networks Systems team under the operations and maintenance Dept in Networks functions, accountable for ensuring CS / PS core and its related technologies provide data services to our customers.
The role will report into the Core network systems Manager, and will perform integration and technical support for PS Core Network platforms (MME, SGSN, SGW, PGW, GGSN, CGW, vMSE,PCRF etc)
Job Title: Packet Core Engineer
- Ensuring a smooth operation of the GSM/UMTS/LTE specific Packet Core Network.
- Providing support to the Packet Core Network and its related Support Systems.
- Collaborate with Core Planning team to ensure that Project and Programme Plans are built up in a realistic manner that takes into account all internal and external dependencies to the Packet Core Network
- Adherence to Cybersecurity process
- Closely cooperate with Consumer and Enterprise Products & Services demand functions to capture and translate user experience and commercial requirements into technical requirements
- Deliver assigned tasks for projects, within the roadmap, taking into account the directional guidance of the strategic (2-5 year) plan, managing risks, escalations and exceptions, and complex interfaces;
- Demonstrates a good understanding of specific elements across the Network landscape;
- Interacting with suppliers, technology vendors, and internal functions
Network Access Technology
Monitor and Diagnose
Service and Delivery Management
Automation and Robotics
Professional / Technical Skills
- University degree in telecommunications, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering + CCNA (Mandatory)
- 6+ or more years of experience in the telecommunications industry.
- Design and deployment experience of key network systems/nodes (for example MME & SAE-GW) through the full delivery lifecycle from initial design to full operational handover.
- Excellent working knowledge of EPC/IMS/LTE architecture, interfaces(S1-MME, S1u, S3, S4, S5,S6a, S8, S10 and S11 and command over GTPv2 and S1AP, Diameter, NAS),protocols(DIAMETER, RADIUS, SIGTRAN, SS7,AAA,SIP, MAP, CAP and INAP etc ) and procedures, with understanding of key LTE associated technologies and functionality including IMS, VoLTE
- Working experience in IP networks, preferably with experience with the prime IP vendor equipment: Cisco/Juniper/Huawei network certification.
- CCDP/CCNP, Project mgmt. (desirable)
- Good working knowledge of 3GPP, IETF and GSMA standards (2G, 2.5G, 3G and 4G/LTE network) and architectures