Responsible for the architecture and design of the optical transport network infrastructure and services in adherence to relevant standards and best practices in accordance with Vodafone and the industry.
Job Title: Optical Transport Design Specialist
- Assures the current and future integrity of the optical transport network by:
- Defining and implementing solutions that align with best practices and future strategy.
- Ensuring internal and external suppliers, partners and customers are aware of best practices and future strategies and adhere to them.
- Review other’s work (e.g. Solutions Delivery and Operations teams) to ensure they are in line with best practices and future strategy.
- Recommend and drive improvement actions in line with Vodafone’s continuous improvement techniques.
- Escalation point for difficulties in fault resolution and problem-solving by operational staff.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation on current network architecture and services.
- Delivery of the Vodafone Ghana optical backbone transport network and access infrastructure.
- Support the development of future strategy & roadmap documentation.
Professional / Technical Skills
- University degree in Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent qualification
- At least 5 years experience in telecoms network with at least 4 years in a transmission planning/design role
- Project Management. (desirable)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- In-depth knowledge of optical transmission technology and services – SDH, DWDM, OTN, SDN & IP & MPLS, etc.
- Proven experience in optical transport network architecture and service planning, design, delivery, integration, and acceptance test procedures.