The Fibre Maintenance Support Engineer shall provide technical, logistical, design and troubleshooting support in deploying and maintaining Vodafone’s Fibre Network Infrastructure
Job Title: Fibre Maintenance Support Engineer
- Carryout surveys, designs, and Bill of Quantity (BoQ) preparation for new fibre network build
- Carryout project handovers to vendors and supervise project deployment E2E from the mobilization phase to project closure.
- Carryout project acceptance test with stakeholders on newly deployed fibre infrastructure.
- Support our Managed Service Partners in fibre outage restoration through effective coordination of resources.
- Carryout audit on fibre infrastructure to identify vulnerable sections and support management with BoQs for permanent fix
Professional /Technical Skills
- BSc Electronics & Electrical Engineering/BSc Civil Engineering/BSc Geodetic Engineering
- Proficient in using CAD and Map tools such as AutoCAD and GoogleEarth for network designs
- Extensive knowledge in Telecommunication networks
- Hands-on experience on IP Networks and infrastructure
- Hands-on experience on fibre works, designs and deployment
- Knowledge in IP/MPLS, DWDM and GPON technologies
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite particularly Excel, Power Point, and word
- Must have clean driving record, and possess valid driving license