To manage and maintain the Vodafone fleet of vehicles (Nationwide) within the business and to ensure they are used in accordance with Vodafone Ghana fleet policies and procedures. The role will manage the transport service so that it is a fit for purpose service appropriate to the varying and changing needs of Vodafone Ghana.
Job Title: Vehicle Maintenance Manager
- Develop and implement a proactive, planned and structured approach to the maintenance of fleet vehicles, keeping within the designated budget and ensuring all vehicles used are fit for purpose and the customer experience is of a high standard.
- Develop and put in place effective maintenance procedures and processes to reduce downtime of vehicles in garages (Nationwide)
- Manage and develop a team of operational drivers and transport assistants, who may be working at HQ and the regions (remotely).
- Supervise regular inspection of vehicle to determine impending defects and plan for their repairs to avoid breakdowns
- Plan for preventive maintenance repairs and ensure they are done as per schedule
- Prepare and submit monthly maintenance report which should include vehicle status, repairs done and downtime.
- Align fleet mix to Vodafone geographic operational needs within the golden triangle
- Verify all supplier invoices before handing them to accounts for payment & support garages (Nationwide) to achieve timely repairs. Follow up on outsourced repairs (Nationwide)
- Prepare and update the Transport policy and SOP’s
- Ensure all vehicles are fitted with tracking devices and routinely maintained and manned centrally at all times.
- Analyse and submit anomalies/incident tracking reports to relevant departmental/section heads
- Report all accidents to all internal stakeholders (Relevant), police & insurance as soon as they are reported. Follow up on the insurance documentation as required
- Evaluate staff competencies, identify gaps and recommend relevant annual training with RSTC
- Maintain electronic databases of all fleet operations – auction, renewals (Road worth, insurance, driver licence, etc. registration, inspections and maintenance of fleet management.
- Maintain the Fleet Management Software (FMS) and regularly update its data management system to organize fleets as per various schedules and requests.
- Ensure vehicles availability to meet all operational requests by scheduling, forecasting and monitoring & measuring current user trends. (Nationwide)
- Maintain knowledge and utilize all fleet information and user assessments to forecast new requirements.
- Perform vehicle registration, insurance and assignment (Allocation) formalities and documentation regarding induction of new vehicles into existing fleet.
- Monitor and ensure fleet operation is in compliance with Ghana laws rules and regulations.
- Streamline and monitor Total fuel purchase system with assistance of Fuel Cards for all operational vehicles and drivers.
- Analyse and submit monthly fuel reports to accounts and relevant departmental/Sections heads
- Ensure timely upload of monthly reward fuel entitlement onto the EZYPASS (Shell) card
- Develop and implement operational standards to maintain vehicles by advocating best practices in industry.
- Provide direction to the fleet unit to regulate budget cycle requirements and control during the budgeting process (DB, F5+7, F9+3 & F9+15). Plan and prepare annual fleet budget, expenditures and analyse all financial objectives.
- Plan, process and execute vehicle purchase and vehicle replacement through efficient settlement (lease/outright purchase)
- Liaise with procurement to ensure timely and cost effective sourcing of vehicles
- Facilitate and implement corrective actions and capacity building to manage entire fleet to achieve company objectives.
- To take the lead in resolving unforeseen fleet problems as they arise ensuring appropriate resolution of these and to utilise the learning to plan for future similar scenarios
Experience & Abilities
- Experience in a similar managerial role in Transport Operations, including supervision of staff.
- Experience of producing, managing budgets & contracts
- Ability to make Decisions under pressure
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Proven ability to plan and navigate journeys confidently
- Experience of vehicle maintenance
- Good commercial and business understanding
- Analysis, identifies, and proposes actions in an effort to increase the effectiveness of Vodafone operations
- Proficient in computing – Microsoft Office programme (Word, Excel, Project Scheduler, PowerPoint) internet, email