To act as the specialist software developer responsible for leading the development team in analyzing, designing, developing and packaging cost effective business software solutions in line with Global/Local business and technical requirements for internal and external customers
Job Title: Application Developer Specialist
- The specialist lead applications developer responsible for championing software technology adoption, enhancement and usage within the Demand and Delivery team
- Lead analysis with the architect to identify software solution opportunities for systems improvement using in-house resources, cost effective tools and industry best practices.
- Identify gaps in the existing software solutions and processes so as to advise appropriately the Operational team and engage for an in-house fix or escalate to appropriate IT/Business unit or vendor to fix.
- Be the go to specialist in identifying new business requirements with the Business Analysts and engage all stakeholders to deliver as per requirements and set time lines and budget as well as automate manual processes in the software space.
- Lead the engagement of the Business Operations Support, Infrastructure and Security teams to ensure that all dependencies are considered and mitigations applied prior to testing and live deployment of software solutions.
- Lead all changes that impact the software applications space. Ensure the team delivers appropriate software documentation pertaining to completed deployments.
- Lead development projects, SIT, UAT and production deployment of assigned software solutions and upgrades.
- Assist in the development of business cases and support the realisation /upgrade/changes of software solutions implementation, defining test criteria, acceptance of testing and user training.
- Facilitate workshops to capture software application requirements between Business stakeholders, Business Support Team, Vendor and SI.
- Present convincing cases to Band E-D for strategic improvements within the applications space
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic, Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 4 years’ experience in developing software solutions in a Telecoms or equivalent IP/IT environment.
- In-depth knowledge of telecoms and the subscriber interaction processes is highly desired.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills
- A confident and flexible self-starter with ability to lead and adapt quickly to new software application technologies and concepts.
- Specialist knowledge of key software development languages, methodologies and frameworks/engines/tools.
- Advanced knowledge in Java, C++, SQL, secured file transfer and scripting tools, Oracle DB, MySQL, MS SQL, XML SOAP and other communication protocols, Windows OS, Unix/Linux OS, Microsoft Office tools, web development languages (PHP, HTML5, JSP, ASP, XML) technics, mobile native app development, applications deployment packaging and versioning.
- Effective coordination and experience of developing under tight timelines and requirements.
- Ability to quickly learn and coach team on new development methods and their adoption.