Job Title: IP Network and Service Integration Engineer
Core competencies, knowledge and experience :
- Deep knowledge of Internet and IP/MPLS Network technology. Specifically, Broad and deep technical knowledge of the following as a minimum:
MPLS (LDP, RSVP, fast re-route, Segment Routing), BGP, ISIS, OSPF, Ethernet (inc. QoS & OAM), L2 & L3 VPNs IP-QoS, BNGs, IP Multicast, PPP, L2TP, 3rd Party Ethernet & broadband access products, MEF services (E-LAN, E-tree , E-Line.), Internet peering & transit, RIPE, IPv6 and NFV.
- Architectural skillset in IP/MPLS technologies and services. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable security best practice awareness across service provider IP/MPLS domains.
- Familiar with Traffic and KPI indicators on IP/MPLS Networks
- Demonstrable thought leadership into emerging technologies for example Software Defined Networking and Network Functions Virtualisation as well as others (Not needed).
- Understanding of key IP/MPLS operational and/or IP/MPLS network design requirements.