Vodafone Ghana, formerly Ghana Telecom, is the national telecommunications company of Ghana. The company in Ghana operates under Vodafone Group Plc – the world’s leading mobile telecommunications company, with a significant presence in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and the United States.
Job Title: Portfolio & Business Development Manager, Messaging & Fixed
To lead the evolution of VCS’s Messaging platform and propositions, ensuring VCS/EBU is able to address wholesale messaging opportunities within Ghana and globally. The main objective will be to develop the messaging proposition and service and drive sales in conjunction with the overall VCS/EBU market and channel strategy driving fixed sales within EBU business focusing on ISP’s
- Establish the Bulk SMS strategy and channel in EBU
- To own the 3-year tolling roadmap for VMH /Local EBU and associated propositions, ensuring both continually evolve to maintain competitiveness in addressing wholesale messaging opportunities. This based on robust market intelligence and engaging with innovation across the Vodafone Group.
- To define product requirements, communicate these effectively to Enterprise Products & Solutions organisation
- To monitor and manage the end-to-end operational processes of the Messaging propositions – intervening as necessary such that all aspects of the portfolio perform in a way that means the overall propositions are competitive.
- To own major business Development and partnerships- driving sales both revenue and SMS volume
- To be an evangelist for VMH in Ghana and beyond– sharing expertise and enthusiasm internally and externally – customers as well as analysts – to further its success.
- Driving Fixed EBU business by engaging the ISP community to drive fixed sales
Technical / professional qualifications:
- Good first degree
- 5+ years telecoms product management experience
- SMS market knowledge
- Wholesale market knowledge
- Product Management
- Strategic Sales acumen
- Commercial analysis and business case preparation
- Stakeholder management
- Programme management