Job Title: M-Pesa Software Developer
- Degree in IT or related field (essential);
- Fluent in English
- A problem-solving mind-set utilising technology
- A confident and flexible self-starter with ability to lead and adapt quickly to new software application technologies and concepts.
- Specialist knowledge of key software development languages, methodologies and frameworks/engines/tools. Advanced knowledge in Java or C++, SQL, secured file transfer and scripting tools, Oracle DB, MySQL, MS SQL, XML SOAP and other communication protocols, Windows OS, Unix/Linux OS, Microsoft Office tools, web development languages (PHP, HTML5, JSP, ASP, XML) technics, mobile native app development, applications deployment packaging and versioning.
- Effective coordination and experience of developing under tight timelines and requirements. Ability to quickly learn and coach team on new development methods and their adoption.
- NoSQL databases and distributed storage concepts. Apache Cassandra would be advantageous.
- At least 4 years’ experience in developing software solutions in a Telecoms or equivalent IP/IT environment.
- In-depth knowledge of telecoms and the subscriber interaction processes is highly desired.