Overall responsible for the Management of the Data Centre Infrastructure across Vodafone Ghana services they deliver (Recharge, CRM, Billing, Surepay, Vodafone Cash etc) get across our Wide Area Network (WAN) to our users/staff at all remote sites (HQ, Takyi Plaza, Exchanges, Regional Offices and Shops). In addition to our primary (Gbawe) and secondary (Cantonments) Data Centres, the role will have responsibility for all server rooms across all regions and ensure they are secure and access managed strictly to allow only approved activities and reduce risk to the Business.
Job Title: TechIT025
- Provides technical expertise and decision making for appropriate levels of the Data Network environments on issues related to WAN, LAN, MAN and to ensure that Vodafone’s IT Data Networks team needs as a business are met on a day to day basis. Coordinates the efforts of other technical staff members.
- Provides consulting in requirements definition, specification, design, development, and integration of networks and systems on complex projects accountable for the IT Data Network delivery to ensure services adhere to project specifications.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives across the IT Data Networks Estate.
- Manage Project deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT Data Network systems, including Router, Switches, operating systems, hardware, software, and peripherals.
- Investigates and resolves escalated issues within the Data Networks environments and ensures provision of adequate technical and personnel resources are devoted to solutions.
- Reviews tests, integrations, maintenance, and solutions of less experienced personnel on larger projects, for appropriateness and accuracy. Provides feedback and advises changes.
- Communicates, maintains, and establishes principles, directions, and standards related to Data Network environments to meet end user and company needs.
- Provides leadership and work guidance to the Data Network personnel. Staffs projects with appropriate personnel resources. Organizes and motivates team members.
- Ensures communication and understanding of deadlines, assignments, and objectives. May perform the work of team member as well as Team leader.
- Reviews and captures architecture plans for complex technical environments working with the head of IT Strategy
- Interacts with CIO and Head of Infrastructure Services and other appropriate leaders to determine adequacy and efficiency on configuration management, inventory management, and trouble management support provided by his team in support of Major Programs and projects.
- Oversees and supports periodic maintenance and upgrades of environments.
- Assists the Head of IT Strategy in setting the company distributed computing strategic technology direction based on experience and feedback from the Data Network Team
- Works closely with the SCM in ensuring the appropriate feedback in preparation of Vendor reviews
- Works with Key Vodafone Vendors in understanding their technical road maps and factoring this into LRP Planning with Head of Infrastructure, Head of Architecture & Strategy and CIO.
- Will be required to present to CIO and IT leadership on direction of Data Networks estate on a quarterly basis.
- Acts as point to all aspects affecting the Data Networks Estate in collaborative projects with counterparts in Vodafone GROUP.
- Responsible for setting clear and stretched targets for all Staff in the Data Network Team.
Additional Responsibilities for:
- Unix Systems Administration
- Windows Systems Administration
- Citrix Platform Management
- EdgeCloud Management with Vodafone Group Team (Active Directory, DNS, Radia/Spider etc)
- Radius (end-user equipment authentication) Management
- DHCP Platform Management
Knowledge, Skills, Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
- Seven or more years of Data Networks experience, 2 of which have been in a technical management capacity
- 6+ years’ experience with Network Security tools and products
- 5-7 years’ experience with VPN technologies
- 5-7 years’ experience with Routing Switching and Bridging
- 5-7 years’ experience with Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (SMART)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changed