To lead the planning, design and implementation of transmission network in line with Vodafone network strategy
Job Title: Transmission Planning Manager
Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Evaluate and strategically choose wireless access, microwave and fibre transmission technologies
- Develop appropriate planning and implementation guidelines for microwave and fibre systems.
- Provide technical expertise for RFI/RFQ management and Business case (PFA) process management
- Quality and performance benchmarking and improvements through high level support to Operations
Key performance indicators:
- Ensure all projects are delivered within time, budget and with strict adherence to quality and safety standards
- Ensure all transmission network events, updates and risks are communicated to relevant business units within agreed times to all stakeholders.
- Review all planning and implementation guidelines annually to reflect the strategy of the company and the local market.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- University degree in Electrical, Electronic or Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent qualification
- Excellent knowledge of radio and transmission systems in a mobile and fixed telecommunication networks
- At least 5 years’ experience in telecoms network with at least 3 years in a senior transmission planning function
- Experience in the Design, Planning and Implementation of Microwave and Optical Transport Networks.
- Experience in mobile rollout and a major transport related projects
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- .Excellent interpersonal skills and people management.