Vodafone Ghana, formerly Ghana Telecom, is the national telecommunications company of Ghana. The company in Ghana operates under Vodafone Group Plc – the world’s leading mobile telecommunications company, with a significant presence in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia Pacific and the United States.
Job Title: Regional Collections Analyst
To assist Collections Lead to:
- Implement strategies to enhance collections
- Assist Collections Analysts to resolve complex disputes and negotiations
- Ensure compliance to dunning policies to curtail churn.
- Contribute to curtailment of Bad debts through Faster & higher collections in 30-60 buckets and higher recoveries in 90+ buckets.
- Meet retention target through customer issue resolution and increased reconnections
- Contribute to decisions on Credit and Collections in Vodafone Ghana and meet monthly collections target
- Prepare weekly cash collections for reporting to senior management
- Comply with all companies rules and policies
- Perform other requests made by line manager, Report all collections related issues to line manager and recommend improvements.
- Meet with customers for the purposes of mediation, negotiation and debt collection strategy after consultation with line manager
- Liaise with other members of the Credit and Collections department to ensure all customer grievances are resolved
- Work closely with the business units (ie consumer mobile, consumer fixed and enterprise) to ensure customers are served with speed.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, superiors and the general public
- Demonstrate considerable knowledge on all billing systems
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- Bachelor of Business Administration required with emphasis on Finance or Accounting.
- Public accounting or Private industry experience
- Prior revenue recognition experience is required
- Minimum of 4/5 years’ experience is required. Relevant experience includes Finance, Auditing or Revenue Recognition experience in a Telecoms Company.
- Must have understanding of financial statements and financial systems
- Ability to create accurate reports to meet internal reporting and analysis requirements
- Ability to take multiple data sets and variables and create meaningful reports for a variety of audiences
- Possess strong communication skills both verbal and written adaptable to all levels of management.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize workload.
- Possess a high degree of initiative, drive, confidence and ability to enjoy fact paced work environment.
- Professional, flexible and team oriented. Exposure to wireless and/or telecom industry desired