Posted on :
18 Mar, 2020
18 Mar, 2020
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
Job Title: Database Administrator
Responsible for the design and management of the organization’s database architecture to ensure secure access and availability in accordance with business needs
Responsibilities and Experience
• Manage the organization’s database technologies and associated schemas to allow secure, efficient and effective access to the organization`s structured data
• Review and revise processes and procedures to enhance the efficiency of access to users and systems
• Plan and implement regular system upgrades to enhance service continuity and user experience
• Create and manage multiple databases and assist in capacity planning
• Monitor, Maintain database systems and troubleshoot and fix problems that may arise
• Maintain data integrity and security (manage roles and permissions of all database users)
• Develop strategies and implement solutions for data retention and replication to disaster recovery sites
• Create and manage constraints and indexes
• Support software developers with database operations including the development of complex SQL, tuning of DML and creation of stored procedures
• Setup and maintain database infrastructure for the company`s BI needs
• Learn relevant business processes and understand the data flow, criticality and dependencies
• Effectively coordinate and communicate with all stakeholders (internal teams and vendors)
• Responsibility for health checks, tablespace and log management
• Backup & Recovery.
• Responsibility for providing support in Testing and Deployment of new components.
• Providing technical support across the Database Estate
• Database encryption management in line with GDPR
• Responsibility for Engineered Database Systems (Exadata, FusionCube, etc.)
• Accountable for Documentation of all changes across the Database Estate
• Required to make decisions best suited for the stability of the Database environment during instability.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field.
• 5+ years’ experience with Oracle & MsSql Database administration & Support
• 2-4 years’ experience with database Clustering
• 2-4 years’ experience with Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (SMART)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
• Ability to work well in a team in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment that respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone, you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits program that you would expect from any global company.