Job Title: External Communications Manager
- To lead the development and execution of communication strategies with a focus on managing corporate brand-related risks and opportunities to protect and build reputation and brand value.
- Provide strategic communication solutions for the business and offer oversight responsibility for engaging with stakeholders.
- Develop a process to manage and align the company’s external messaging in a way that builds and sustains Vodafone’s image and reputation.
- Work closely with local and international media houses to manage Vodafone’s media exposure.
- Coordinate the external communications and the stakeholder engagement work streams to deliver the strategic objectives of the business.
- Be the main SPOC for Vodafone Ghana on all external communications, studying trends across other VF Opcos for best practice sharing etc.
- Responsible for managing the PR of the Foundation to promote brand affinity and ensure a strategic communication plan for the Foundation all year through.
Communications And Media Relations
- Liaise with the Foundation and Sustainability manager in facilitating internal and external communications and visibility on the Foundation and Sustainability issues
- Public Profiling /Awareness Creation on the Work of the foundation
- Act as the communications business partner for senior management and various functions, providing relevant communication solutions to help build the Vodafone Brand
- Develop and execute integrated communication plans aligned to the strategic objectives of the business
- Fashion out policy standards applicable to Corporate Communications in line with Group standards
- Manage the media exposure of the C.E.O. and all SMT members through the necessary preparations, Q and As, fact sheets and interview schedules.
- Monitor news items and ensure that the right mitigation measures are taken on negative stories about the VF brand.
- Supervise the tracking, on a daily basis, of reporting on VF Ghana and competitors in key news channels.
- Pitch stories in a way that generates positive news for the Vodafone brand.
- Develop and sustain relationships with key media personnel to help Vodafone’s story telling.
- Create content for news releases, articles, speeches, presentations for various channels including Vodafone’s website, Facebook, Twitter and any other social media channels
- Develop and implement a social media strategy for VF to enhance competitive advantage
- Develop and apply monthly themes to the various content created and distributed across news channels.
Reputation Management And Public Relations
- Develop programs to enhance the profile and reputation of Vodafone as the telecom company of choice in Ghana
- Prepare position papers for Vodafone on critical industry issues and ensure consistent messaging across audience
- Position Vodafone as a thought-leader in the telecoms industry through relevant engagements and exposures
- Provide guidance and direction in a way that ensures that Vodafone leverages the PR value in its key events and sponsorships.
Core Competencies, Knowledge And Experience
- Media relations management and Communication strategy development
- Experience in providing communication guidance to senior management
- Stakeholder identification, mapping and analysis
- Project management, communication and reporting experience
- Good knowledge of business structures and processes.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Strong numeracy and analytical skills (Essential)
- Ability to develop and manage budget
- Ability to work with people effectively at all levels both within and outside the organization
- Executes media relations, content and channel management for social media/digital storytelling, financial, corporate, policy and crisis communications
- Plan and activate specific communications and media profiling of CEO, Board and Senior Executives in line with company priorities.
- Provide communications for overall EA strategy and priorities to drive engagement and reputational improvements among key external stakeholders
Must Have Technical / Professional Qualification
- Good understanding of the environmental and socio-economic agenda, through qualification and experience (Essential)
- Knowledgeable in Social Responsibility in general with focus on Ghanaian environment.
- Possess strong organization and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure to meet short deadlines.
- Have good interpersonal skills to accommodate all shades of opinion from people with diverse background in the discharge of the role.
- Demonstrable expertise in understanding the needs of an organization’s audiences and delivering appropriate messages using a variety of channels
- Prior experience in developing and implementing an effective strategic external communication plan for a large organization
- Must have ten (10) years minimum experience in Corporate Communications or related field in a large organization