Posted on :
16 Mar, 2020
16 Mar, 2020
Joining Vodafone is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
Job Title: IP Transport & Services Engineer
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
The IP Transport & Services Engineer will be responsible for the architecture and design of the IP/MPLS backbone, IP transport access networks and IP services in adherence to relevant standards and best practice
Responsibilities and Experience
• Escalation point for difficulties in fault resolution and problem solving by operational staff.
• Assures the current and future integrity of the CPN by:
o Defining and implementing solutions that aligns with best practice and future strategy.
o Ensuring internal and external suppliers, partners and customers are aware of best practice and future strategy and adhere to it.
o Review others work (e.g. Solutions Delivery and Operations teams) to ensure they are in line with best practice and future strategy.
• Recommends and drives improvement actions in line with Vodafone’s continuous improvement techniques
• Maintain up-to-date documentation on current network architecture and services.
• Delivery of the Vodafone Ghana IP/MPLS backbone network and IP transport access infrastructure.
• Support development of future strategy & roadmap documentation
Qualification and Experience
• University degree in Telecommunications Engineering or equivalent qualification
• Must have a minimum of 4 years expereince in aa similar role
• Must have CCNA qualification
• A qualification in CCDP/CCNP, Project mgmt is an added advantage
• Must have an In-depth knowledge of IP technologies and services including Vodafone Converged Packet Network (CPN), GPON, DCN, Circuit Switched, Packet Switched core.
• Should have experience of network and service planning, architecture, design, integration, acceptance test procedure
• Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
Commitment from Vodafone
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodafone you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Closing Date : 4th May, 2020