Posted on :
12 Apr, 2021
12 Apr, 2021
Our purpose at Vodafone is to connect for a better future. As a Global Communications Technology company, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do. We are forever challenging, pushing boundaries and discovering innovative ways to connect our customers with their digital societies.
We connect people, businesses, and communities across the globe to create the future. We earn customer loyalty, experiment, learn fast and get it done, together.
Job Title: Roaming, ILD & Messaging Specialist
Join our journey as we connect for a better future. Ready?
The ILD, Roaming & Messaging Specialist will be responsible for managing the Roaming portfolio. The holder will be responsible for all engagements with roaming partners, messaging partners, commercial performance of the portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Design strategy to increase roaming footprint.
• Leverage on Roaming footprint and International as foothold in attracting and growing Mid to High Value Segments
• Conduct regular market research to maintain high technological and market value level in comparison to world leading International & Roaming Services offering
• In conjunction with CVM and the Marketing Communication teams, ensure advertising (ATL/BTL) campaigns clearly identifies the correct propositions to ensure targeted uptake and revenue
• Carry out training to ensure that Sales and Sales Support functions are adequately trained on International & Roaming Services
• Work with VRS to ensure roaming cost and revenue are properly booked
• Work with VRS to aggressively work on roaming coverage expansion
• Ensure timely implementation of MSC/STP database configurations and software changes with new Roaming Networks.
• Establish and maintain strong business relationships with international carriers, local operators, aggregators, SMS hubs and resellers to grow and strengthen our bilateral route connectivity and clientele
• Carry out all necessary studies, analyses and cost calculations with the aim of minimizing the cost of international products and services to improve margin
Qualification and Experience
• University Degree in Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Science, Economics & Marketing
• 3-5 years of varied experience, 3-5 within Telecom Industry or 3-5 years in Marketing/Commercial Department.
• Experience in Telecoms with Knowledge and experience in managing carriers, roaming business is a prerequisite
• Must have knowledge of technology platforms
• Must have experience of product development and management life cycles
• Excellent Data analysis and Excel skills
• Sound knowledge of Campaign Management
• Strong Analytical, statistical and Presentation skills
• Must be committed to timely and excellent delivery with “first time right” mind-set.
Vodafone is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognised and rewarded. We are committed to promoting Inclusion for All with the belief that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business. We actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of our journey.