To survey, install, provide and maintain Fixed Voice and Broadband Last-mile connectivity (via Copper, Radio and Fibre) to customers.
Job Title: Customer Service Engineer
- Ensure works that are covered by Service Orders and issued through Schedule Controllers are carried out at the customers’ premises.
- Testing and configuration of Line-drivers, modems, routers and other Customer-End-Equipment
- Ensure Network/Data records are updated on job completion.
- Utilize the provision by the Schedule Controller for assistance where additional manning is required to accomplish a task.
- Work across Vodafone to achieve the best outcome for customers, employees and shareholders
- Pursue Vodafone’s interests and goals beyond the benefit to our own function or market and leverage the benefits of being one company
- Strict adherence to all Vodafone Health and Safety regulations
- To comply with the SA Customer Service Engineers’ Job standards and behaviours
- Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or its equivalent
- 3 – 5 years Telecoms or IT Industry Experience Engineering or its equivalent
- Hand-on experience on IP Networks and infrastructure
- Experience in the design and/or implementations of the last-mile of Lease-lines, WAN and data services
- Working and understanding of IP/MPLS VPN technologies and basic PABX Configuration
- Must have clean driving record, and possess valid driving incense