To be responsible for the architecture and design of the optical
transport network infrastructure and services in adherence to relevant standards and best practice.
Job Title: Optical Transport Engineer
- Assures the current and future integrity of the optical
transport network by:
- Defining and implementing solutions that aligns with
best practice and future strategy.
- Ensuring internal and external suppliers, partners
and customers are aware of best practice and future strategy and adhere to it.
- Review others work (e.g. Solutions Delivery and
Operations teams) to ensure they are in line with best practice and future
- Recommend and drive improvement actions in line with
Vodafone’s continuous improvement techniques.
- Escalation point for difficulties in fault
resolution and problem solving by operational staff.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation on current network
architecture and services.
- Delivery of the
Vodafone Ghana optical backbone transport network and access infrastructure.
- Support development of future strategy & roadmap
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- University degree in Telecommunications Engineering
or equivalent qualification
- At least 5 years’ experience in telecoms network with
at least 3 years in a transmission planning/design role
- Project mgmt.
- In-depth knowledge of optical transmission
technology and services – SDH, DWDM, OTN, SDN etc.
- Proven experience of optical transport network architecture
and service planning, design, integration and acceptance test procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills.