Role purpose: Reporting to the Business Risk & Continuity Manager this position is responsible for developing and coordinating Business Risk Management activities with special focus for Business Continuity and Crises Management within Vodafone Ghana.
Job Title: Business Risk and Continuity Specialist
- Maintain Vodafone Ghana Enterprise Risk Management Framework, and ensure value-add to the business by coordinate effective mitigation of key strategic risks identified.
- Drive the embedding of Risk Management framework in the business processes and culture
- Ensure adequate business stakeholder engagement and support which facilitates the effective identification and review of risks that the business could be exposed to.
- Assist in the development of, manage Business Continuity Plans and Procedure, and provide regular status updates to the Business Risk and Continuity Manager.
- Asses the Business Continuity implications of proposed organizational changes and coordinate any revisions to existing Business Continuity Plans and procedures necessitated by such changes.
- Coordinate routine updates to the detailed information supporting the Business Continuity Procedures (contact lists, personnel assignments, vital records and inventory lists, off-site backup schedules)
- Coordinate electronic access to and hard copy updates and distribution of the Vodafone Ghana Crisis Management Action Plan as well as any other Business Continuity Plans and Procedures.
- Ensure that all Vodafone Ghana staff and contractors with specific Business Continuity responsibilities are adequately trained to fulfil their assigned responsibilities.
- Ensure that all employees maintain their familiarity with the relevant provisions of the Business Continuity Plans.
- Ensure that all technical components of the Business Continuity Plans are successfully tested on an annual bases or whenever significant changes are made to those components.
- Provide 7×24 on-call support for any emergency which may require activation of all or part of the Business Continuity Plans.
- In the event that activation of the Vodafone Ghana CMAP is required, serve as liaison between Crisis Management Team and the Business Continuity Teams.
- Coordinate Business Continuity & Crisis Management activities for Non-Technology functions within Vodafone Ghana.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Experience in IT and Technologies, Enterprise Risk Management, Business Analysis, Project Management
- Excellent understanding of Vodafone Ghana Policy Governance requirements
- Experience in audit and finance
Technical / professional qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience and training in the Enterprise Risk methodology
- Good understanding of and appreciation for Business Continuity & Crisis Management
- Previous Security & Risk experience in the Telecommunication Industry
Good understanding of Telecoms business processes and internal controls