Posted on :
10 Sep, 2020
10 Sep, 2020
An exciting job offer exists in Voltic (GH) Limited for a Machine Specialist. Voltic (GH) Limited, has been known for manufacturing of the leading premium water brand in Ghana for over two decades. Currently, Voltic (GH) Limited has expanded its portfolio to cover alcoholic beverages, carbonated soft drinks, Juices and Value-Added Dairies. This role reports to the Maintenance Controller in the Manufacturing Function. The job incumbent is to maintain, repair and optimise plant and associated devices to ensure that plant availability and product quality at minimum cost; without sacrificing standards.
Job Title: Machine Specialist
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Operational Support
• Provide specialist support to the shift based teams during operations. This will include standby and day shift support.
• Where requested, assist as a functional expert in problem solving. This must be undertaken in support of the process artisan.
• Provide guidance and advice to the shift based teams on machine operation, machine fault finding and correct responses to machine failure modes.
• Provide coaching, mentoring and knowledge transfer of machine operation to shift based teams.
• Review SIC’s and address deviations regularly
• Take part, as a functional expert, in regional and central plant optimisation trials.
• Development of work instructions related to equipment.
• Monitor and manage performance of equipment.
• Ability to work shifts and be available on call-out where necessary
• Verify and ensure that machines are running at rated speed
2. Planned Maintenance
• Take part in maintenance planning meeting, contributing suggestions and clarifying work required
• Carry out work during the planned maintenance window in accordance with the planned maintenance schedule issued by the Planner.
• Where scheduled work cannot be completed, feed back to the Maintenance Planner for direction. This may involve rescheduling the work or prioritising outstanding work.
• Assist fellow team members in the execution of their tasks during planned maintenance windows.
• Complete any administration and SAP tasks in support of planned maintenance periods.
• Partake in maintenance post mortems to feedback problems, opportunities and learning’s from maintenance activities.
• Optimisation of maintenance schedules
• Coach / train Operators on autonomous maintenance tasks
3. Routine Maintenance
• Partake in cleaning, lubrication and inspection in accordance with the maintenance schedule issued by the Maintenance Planner.
• Carry out routine maintenance activities in accordance with the maintenance schedule.
• Where problems have been uncovered during routine maintenance, these must be resolved using the appropriate problem solving techniques.
• Where problems have been uncovered, and it is required to include the work in the planned maintenance schedule, this must be communicated to the maintenance planner.
• Carry out condition monitoring activities where these have been allocated to the technician in accordance with the CM schedule.
4. Running Repairs
• Partake in carrying out running repairs on plant and equipment, or support the shift artisans in carrying out repairs.
• When carrying out repairs, assess the problem and determine a course of action.
• Solicits external specialist assistance where required; e.g. OEM’s (as agreed with the Packaging Engineer).
• Verify that running repairs carried out address the problems
• Complete the administration tasks relating to any running repairs that the technician has carried out. This includes all SAP inputs.
• Where running repairs cannot be carried out, communicates this to the Maintenance Planner to ensure the work is planned into the next planned maintenance window.
5. Problem Solving
• Apply the correct problem solving methodologies to resolve problems
• Solicit additional resources to assist in problems solving or escalate to the Maintenance Planner or Packaging Engineer for direction.
• Assist /coach fellow team members to resolve problems.
• Take part, as a functional expert, situational and systemic problem solving.
6. Housekeeping and safety
• Operate in a safe manner at all times, and to identify and highlight unsafe work practices so that these may be corrected.
• Carry out work according to the work instructions and adhering to appropriate CCBA policies and procedures.
• Carry out housekeeping tasks, and apply 4S principles during the execution of their duties
7. Support NPD implementation and trials:
• Support NPD trials to be able to run on assets
• Ensure adherence to NPD procedures
• Ensure all changes on assets are well documented as per the Engineering Change Management business processes
8. Training and Development
• Train, coach, assess and sign-off PA’s and Operators on asset care and autonomous maintenance
• Development of operational and technical standards and work instructions
Skills, Experience & Education
• National Higher Diploma (Mechanical / electrical with some instrumentation) as added advantage
• 5 years’ work experience (FMCG an added advantage)
• Coaching skills
• Result and Execution Driven
• Resilient and energetic
• Customer focused
• Contribute to self and team development.
• Must be a self-starter and be able to work under the pressures
• Must have an appreciation for quality and technical standards.
• Must be able to liaise with Machine Suppliers (OEM’s) and Technical Support from COF.
• Must be able to carry out mechanical and electrical maintenance work.
• Must have good ‘trouble shooting’ skills.