Posted on :
10 Jul, 2018
10 Jul, 2018
VSO is the world’s leading international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty. Working in 24 countries around the world, our unique role in international development is to place committed volunteers with carefully selected organisations where their skills can have the greatest impact. Our extraordinary volunteers live and work in some of the world’s poorest communities. Sharing their unique skills and experience to generate new ideas and new ways of doing things, helping the communities they work in lift themselves out of poverty. We’re not about delivering quick fixes, but instead we focus on long-lasting, sustainable change, that will impact generations to come. Join us and help us work towards our vision of a world without poverty.
Job Title: Programme Manager – Resilient Livelihoods
• This is a senior position. Its purpose is to provide leadership and oversight to the Livelihoods programming team, in the strategic design, development and implementation of the VSOG Livelihoods in line with the country office strategic plans and priorities.
• The role will provide comprehensive programme management and coordination support in the implementation and measurement of VSOG Livelihoods programs, as well as leads the Business Development efforts and grant management related to Livelihoods in the Ghana Country Office.
Skills, qualifications and experience
Essential Skills required:
• Technical expertise in any of the following areas: agricultural value-chain development, public-private partnerships, enterprise development, and youth and women’s livelihoods empowerment.
• Project Design and Development-Ability and experience in designing and developing an Agric-based livelihoods programme/project from scratch is very key.
• Project Management – Experience of planning and managing projects with multiple stakeholders, delivering expected benefits in challenging contexts to tight deadlines.
• Communication – Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to vary communication content and style to suit audiences to inform, motivate and inspire
• Relationship Building – Ability to build effective working relationships, inspiring confidence and credibility with employees at all levels. Strong influencer of others. Ability to work effectively across a globally dispersed organisation.
• Organisation and planning – Excellent coordination and planning skills with experience of working under pressure.
Time management skills.
• Financial – Experience of successfully monitoring and managing budgets.
• Fund Raising: Ability to write persuasive reports, concepts, funding proposals.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A holder of Master’s Degree in Agronomy / Social Sciences/ Rural Development/Social Policy Development/International Development or related fields
• A Minimum of 6 years relevant experience
• Experience with developing country strategic plans.
• Technical expertise in applying the Market for the Poor (M4P) approach
• Experience of managing change in an international environment.
• Practical experience within a volunteering/Non- Government Organisation context
• Commitment to VSO’s Core Approaches and values
Competencies and Behaviour:
At VSO we believe progress is only possible by working together. Whether you want to join us as an employee, or as a volunteer working in your own country, overseas or online, our selection process includes an assessment based on these core competencies:-
• Ability to be open minded and respectful
• Ability to be resilient and adaptive to new situations
• Ability to facilitate positive change and build sustainable working relationships
• Ability to seek and share knowledge
How to Apply
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.
Closing Date: 17 July, 2018
VSO promotes equal opportunities and values a diverse workforce. This job is for an ambitious person with strong self-determination and passion to achieve results in a challenging but exciting environment. It offers a lot of room for self- development and career building in an international multi-cultural setting. VSO reserves the right to close this job early if we receive a sufficient number of applications.