The VTF Programme is a non-profit organization committed to promoting Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) in Ghana and employment of the youth for sustainable livelihood.
Job Title: ADVOCACY OFFICER.
VTF is in search of a well-motivated individual with some understanding of the TVET sector for the position of an ADVOCACY OFFICER.
- Monitor, analyse and evaluate global policies on TVET
- Coordinate the establishment of an advocacy team who will follow through the TVET policy development and implementation
- Lead the establishment of the regional networks of likeminded persons and institutions in the TVET sector
- Constitute a media coalition on exposed knowledge and status of the TVET sector to aid in accurate reportage and induce public understanding
- Coordinate the organisation of stakeholder consultations on the state of the TVET policy and implementation
- Develop programmes and activities to Influence decision makers
- Organize education and awareness creation programmes to promote increased knowledge and understanding of the TVET sector
- Support in the development of training and capacity building programmes for the youth
- Develop press releases, official statements and opinion pieces
- Support resource mobilization efforts, proposal writing and related engagements
- Write reports and document for periodic submission to stakeholders
Required Skills or Experience
- At least a good first degree in social sciences, communication studies, development studies or a related field
- A master’s degree will be an advantage
- Demonstrates understanding of the TVET landscape in Ghana
- Knowledgeable in policy development and analysis
- At least 5 years’ experience working in a development-related field
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent facilitation and coordination skills
- Good report writing and research skills
How to Apply
Interested persons should apply with cover letter and CV to: [email protected] Postal Address: VTF Programme PMB CT 114, Cantonments
- Closing date: December 17, 2019
- Please be advised that only shortlisted persons would be contacted.