Posted on :
6 Apr, 2018
6 Apr, 2018
The Accounts Officer is responsible for managing accounting and financial control systems for the USAID WA BiCC office and for ensuring that adequate and appropriate internal control are in place to meet generally recognised accounting standards. In addition, the Accountant will manage all bookkeeping, bank accounts and cash flow to ensure sufficient funds are availiable for effective and efficient implementation. Specific areas of responsibility include cash flow management, financial report preparation, review and submission to the Finance Manager the Chief of Party and Tetra Tech ARD Home office.
Job Title: Accounts Officer
Main Responsibilities and Tasks
• Responsible for processing all types of financial transactions including Data Entry, payments & banking, using accounting package and assisting the Finance, Grants & Operations Manager in all areas of financial accounting and financial control
• Assisting in the closing of monthly accounts and preparing financial statements for submission to the home office.
• Reconciling bank statements for all funds in foreign and local currencies
• Providing guidance and training to colleagues as required
• Keeping up-to-date on documents/reports/guidelines/audit files in an appropriate manner
• Maintain and update accounting and financial control systems in accordance with U.S government regulations (expenses are reasonable, allowable and allocate) Tetra Tech ARD policy transactions are conducted, processed and recorded as stiputed by the system
• Ensure that transactions are appropriately recorded in QuickBooks and ensure Tetra Tech ARD accounting and procurement standards, procedures and policies and followed and implemented
• Assist in the development develop a plan to monitor all project-related funds, by tracking expenses against budget line items. Facilitate and manage audits that financial reviews
• Other accounting, financial management and administrative tasks consistent with the overall scope of this position assigned from time to time by the Chief of Party or Finance, Grantd & Operations Manager.
• Support the Administrative team to manage cash disbursements and the Petty Cash imprest
• Manages VAT tax exemption process, prepares monthly reports for USAID
• Process confidential and statutory payments of PAYE income tax, social security contributions, withholding taxes and the collection of Tax credit certificates
• Performing other duties assigned by Finance Manager or Finance Specialist
Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in accounting, audit, finance or similar field is (relevant experience and another university degree may substite for the degrees mentioned)
• Minimum of 2 years experience in an equivalent position
• Experience working on a USAID-funded program or in a similar position for an international NGO is required. Knowledge of OMB circular A-122 is desired
• Experience with QuickBooks accounting software is required
• Must have the ability to work effectively in fast-paced, stressful environment
• In addition, must have be flexible, willing to perform other duties and work irregular hours
• Proficient/Excellent in QuickBooks software. Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
• Must be capable of working both individually and a part of a team
• Must also be able to create a supportive working relationship among all project teams
Languages: Fluent in English and professional proficiency in French will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Please include a cover letter, your current CV in reverse chronological format, a list of 3 professional references and type “Accounts Officer” in the subject of the email. Send to:[email protected]
Closing Date: 12 April, 2018