Posted on :
19 Aug, 2016
19 Aug, 2016
The Wa Polytechnic is a public tertiary institution in theUpper West Region of Ghana. The school was founded in 1999 to provide quality tertiary education to people in the Upper West Region of Ghana. The Wa Polytechnic has three academic schools; School of Engineering, School of Applied Science and Technology and School of Business.
The Wa Polytechnic was officially established in legislation by the Government of Ghana (GoG) in 1999. Programming and construction of the school site began in 2003. Its prime mandate is to support rural development and poverty reduction in one of the most deprived regions of Ghana. It is authorized to provide tertiary education through programming in agriculture, manufacturing, commerce and applied social sciences. Establishing the Wa Polytechnic assists the Polytechnic in its effort to distinguish itself from other polytechnics in Ghana. In order to ensure its relevance to the surrounding community, the Wa Polytechnic has placed emphasis on demand-driven informal and outreach training.
The Polytechnic is a young institution with a strategic vision of becoming a world class centre for applied technology and career focused education for rural poverty reduction and national development. The polytechnic aims at developing core competencies in areas with strong bearing on the regional economy and critical national human capital development. Currently accredited to run tertiary programmes in Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Building Technology, Estate Management Studies, Information and Communication Technology, Accountancy and Secretaryship and Management Studies, Wa Polytechnic is a rapidly growing institution in an exciting but challenging environment.
Job Title: Registrar
The Interim Management Committee (IMC) of Wa Polytechnic invites applications from qualified persons for appointment to the position of REGISTRAR of the Polytechnic which has been vacant since 1st August, 2014.
• The REGISTRAR is the Chief Administrative Officer of the Polytechnic and thus responsible to the Rector for the day-to-day administration of the Polytechnic,
• The Registrar is Secretary to the Polytechnic Council and a non-voting member of the Academic Board.
Conditions of Appointment:
• The appointment is full time and will be for six years in the first instance, and renewable for another term of six years only.
• The salary and conditions attached to the position are very attractive.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must have at least a Master’s degree with not less than twelve (12) years post qualification experience in tertiary education or analogous institution at a higher management level.
• Must have a high sense of initiative in policy formulation and implementation and must be able to lead, direct and co- ordinate the day-to-day management and administration of the Polytechnic.
• Must have excellent communication skills and good human relations to be able to manage and control staff.
• Must exhibit maturity, a high sense of responsibility and a capacity for impartial and sound judgment
• Must be business-oriented and computer literate in order to assist with the implementation of the polytechnic’s strategic plan and vision.
• Must be a team player with high integrity and be above reproach.
• Must be able to serve a full six-year term of office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of 60
• Publications on administration and related areas shall be an advantage.
Location: WA, Upper West Region
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified candidates should submit applications together with the following;
• Curriculum Vitae
• Names and addresses of three (3) referees; and
• A short vision statement not exceeding five (5) pages outlining the applicant’s vision for transforming the Polytechnic’s Administration and Human Resource Management System, and also his vision on the transformation of the Polytechnic into a Technical University
Applications must be sent under registered and confidential cover and marked POSITION OF REGISTRAR not later than 15 September, 2016 to:
Search Committee For Finance Office
P.O. Box 553
Closing Date: 15 September, 2016