The West African Examinations Council, a sub-regional organization responsible for the conduct of various examinations in the English-speaking West African countries, invites apptications from suitably qualified person(s) to fill the under-mentioned vacant position in its Ghana National Office.
Job Title: Stores Officer I (Assistant Registrar II)
Specific Duties and responsibilities
The successful applicant will be required to perform the following duties among others:
- Establish a reliable supply and logistics system.
- Manage and co-ordinate activities of the Stores Department to ensure effective and efficient service delivery.
- Rationalise inventory, anticipate and avoid supply shortages.
- Institute an effective stores system to ensure accurate receipts, issues and store keeping.
- Prepare stock levels regularly for guidance of management.
- Undertake annual stock count and submit report to management.
- Supervise the operations of the Stores department.
Applicants must not be more than forty (40) years at the time of applying and must be physically and medically fit and of good character.
Required Skills or Experience
Qualification and Experience:
- Applicants must hold a good first Degree in Purchasing and Supply – (Minimum, Second Class Lower) and be a member in good standing of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Procurement (MCIP).
- Applicants must have at least six (6) years post qualification experience in Stores, Materials or Procurement management.
- Must be well-versed in the provisions of the Public Procurement Act (2003), (Act 663) and have a working knowledge of the Financial Administration Act, 2003 (Act 654) and other related legislation.
Eligible applicants must have the following attributes
- Excellent leadership ability.
- High level ofintegrity, confidentiality and reliability,
- Good organizational and co-ordination skills and be results-oriented.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Team player
- Computer Literacy
How to Apply
Interested candidates are requested to pick application forms from the council’s Headquaters at Okponglo, adjacent to National Identification Authority, arounnd Tetteh Quarshie lnterchange,Accra or the National Office near the Ridge Hospital. Candidates may also download Application Forms from the Council’s website at the following address: www.waecheadquartersgh.org
Completed application forms should be submitted not later than 4 May, 2018 to the following address:
Thru’ Head of National Office, WAEC, Ridge
The West African EXaminations’Council,
P. O. Box 125
Attention: Deputy Director, HRM, Headquarters,Accra
Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted