Posted on :
2 Feb, 2018
2 Feb, 2018
WAICA Reinsurance Corporation Plc is a public limited liability company incorporated under the laws of Sierra Leone (Companies Act 2009) on 7th March 2011.
In the years following the creation of West African Insurance Companies Association (WAICA) in 1973, the founding fathers had the desire to establish a reinsurance organisation to help mitigate the effects of the lack of reinsurance capacity within the West African insurance industry.
Job Title: Chief Finance Officer
Key Responsibilities will include among others:
• Prepare and distribute timely and accurate financial information and ceding statements in conformity with statutory principles and regulations
• Prepare, reconcile and analyze reinsurance statements at a client and entity level
• Monitor the reconciliation of items and ensure that action plans are in place to resolve any issue
• Proactively identify and implement process improvements and operational efficiencies.
• Prepare reports for ad hoc requests from internal and external business partners
• Support periodic statutory audit reviews, external audit and internal audit
• Contract review and system and file set up in compliance with contract terms
• Prepare and process monthly and quarterly journal entries and reconciliations
• Developing and maintaining good client’s relations with internal and external clients
• Prepare and document client analysis on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
• Reporting to the appropriate regulatory authorities
• Maintain efficient and cost effective processes
• Prepare financial reports to be used by management and the board of Directors
• Preparation of annual budget
• Any other tasks as may be assigned by the chief executive officer.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting
• Professional qualification in accounting
• At least 10 years post qualification related experience with not less than 5 years at the Senior Management level
• Good understanding of insurance and Reinsurance accounting and reporting concept under IFRS
• Proficient in word-processing and spreadsheet software
• Good organization skills
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Ability to expertly utilize technology to enhance efficiencies
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact with diverse audiences
• Work experience in a high energy and fast paced them focused environment.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 31 January, 2018