Posted on :
22 Nov, 2017
22 Nov, 2017
The Ghana-West African Programme to Combat AIDS and STI (WAPCAS) is a civil society organisation that has been operating in Ghana since 1996. WAPCAS has since its inception been implementing HIV and STI programmes targeting key populations with funding support from several
donors including the Global Fund.
Starting from 2018 to 2020, WAPCAS as a Principal Recipient (PR) of the Global Fund New Funding Model II will receive funding for the implementation of HIV/TB interventions for key populations.
Job Title: Programme Manager
The Programme Manager in collaboration with the other members of the programme management unit will offer technical direction, coordination, capacity building and logistical support for the effective implementation of the project activities. He/she will also support the sub-recipients and WAPCAS direct field teams.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the day-to-day management of the implementation of the grant.
• Conduct periodic review of grants performance.
• In collaboration with the M&E Manager, prepare PR annual and quarterly implementation plans (IP) for all components of the project, review workplans from SRs and monitor all programme activities based on the Perform nee Framework (PF) to achieve project results.
• In consultation with Head of Finance, manage and process all requests for disbursement.
• Ensures availability and effective distribution of commodities and other logistics to SRs for the effective implementation.
• supports the implementation of a robust M&E system to track grant performance.
• support the assessment and implementation of capacity building plan to ensure the continuous development of project staff including sub-recipients (SR).
• Ensure the timely preparation and submission of programme reports on quarterly basis or as may be required.
• Provide guidance in the planning, implementation and monitoring of programme activities on the field and also offer technical assistance as and when appropriate.
• Initiate innovative strategies for the realisation of the 90-90-90 target.
• Lead the development and sharing of success stories and lessons learnt with key stakeholders.
• Attend meetings and conferences as may be deemed necessary.
• Participate in any other project related activities.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s Degree in Community/Public Health, Development Management or related field with a background in health.
• Five (5) to (10) years’ experience in project management in a comparable organisation.
• She/he should be proactive in designing new strategies to improve performance.
• Skills in capacity building and effective communication
• Computer literate and ability to use project management software will be added advantage.
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted to; The Executive Director Ghana – West Africa Program to Combat AIDS and STI (WAPCAS) Post Office Box AT 1010 Achimota – Accra Closing Date: 30 November, 2017 Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.