Posted on :
22 Nov, 2017
22 Nov, 2017
The Ghana-West African Programme to Combat AIDS and STI (WAPCAS) is a civil society organisation that has been operating in Ghana since 1996. WAPCAS has since its inception been implementing HIV and STI programmes targeting key populations with funding support from several
donors including the Global Fund.
Starting from 2018 to 2020, WAPCAS as a Principal Recipient (PR) of the Global Fund New Funding Model II will receive funding for the implementation of HIV/TB interventions for key populations.
Job Title: Internal Auditor
The Internal auditor will assist in establishing and managing internal control systems for the effective and efficient utilisations of the project resources.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Advise management on effective risk management, control, and governance processes
• Coordinate and supervise the implementation of internal control measures.
• Prepare audit plan and conduct all audit related activities.
• Determine the extent to which the organization’s assets including stocks are accounted for, safeguarded and reports accordingly.
• Conduct internal audit of the organization and sub-recipients.
• Follow up on significant findings from audits.
• Assist external auditors in the performance of their duties.
• Assist in reviews of internal controls designed to safeguard the organization’s resources.
• Recommend changes in policies, procedures, and manuals in a way that would impact positively on the achievement of the goals of the organization.
• Ensure the periodic review of the risk register and follow-up on mitigation of identified risk.
• And any other responsibilities as for being assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Chartered Accountant or first degree in Accounting with 5 years working experience
• Experience in working as an internal auditor for not less than 3 years.
• Experience with the use of accounting software.
• Being a certified internal auditor or exposure to project accounting is an added advantage.
• Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports.
• Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations.
• Attention to details and excellent analytical skills.
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
All applications should be submitted to; The Executive Director Ghana – West Africa Program to Combat AIDS and STI (WAPCAS) Post Office Box AT 1010 Achimota – Accra
Closing Date: 30 November, 2017 Only shortlisted candidates will be