For over 45 years and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy.ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society.
The Ghana Grains Council (GGC) requires a Warehouse Operations Manager who will be responsible to the Chief Executive Officer for the implementation of Warehouse Receipt System in Ghana. GGC has operational Commitments throughout the country so the successful candidate should be prepared to locate/relocate anywhere in the country as well as travel extensively. Employment contract will be on an initial three-year term (subject to funding) with six months probation period.
- Scouting of potential warehouses suitable for up-scaling of WRS to include all Grains
- Inspection of warehouse and generating status report
- Coordinate the process of certification of warehouse as per the GGC rules and regulations
- Regular follow up of the warehouse management and periodic inspections of the stores to ensure adherence to the conditions of set up and ascertain quality maintenance
Capacity Building and Public Awareness:
- Coordinate in partnership with GGC members, the establishment of grain aggregation centres linked to the warehouses
- Develop, schedule and implement training modules and materials for farmers. These includes training in proper post harvest handling, grain quality standard and WRS rules
- Create awareness on WRS to warehouse operators, traders and processors through training workshops and seminars
- Lead GGC in commissioning drawings and BOQ for certified warehouses
- lead GGC to facilitate investment in the form of sourcing debt, equity and grant funds for WHS construction
- Lead GGC collaboration with other development partners involved in warehouse financing to ensure that warehouses built are GGC compliant
Marketing Warehouse Receipts:
Work closely and parallel with main grain activity centres to monitor supply and demand trend and prices to assist in guiding depositors in making decisions on disposal procedures.
- Provide supervision and management support to all field workers
- Follow up on the WRS policy issues in Ghana and report appropriately
Required Skills or Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in agricultural economics, agribusiness or related agricultural field
- At least 5 years working experience working in a Certified Grain Warehouse or Developing projects related to agribusiness
- Experience in developing successful projects
- Business and Market development skills
- Team player
- Experience of developing a strong and sustainable relationship with members of the business public
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Good communication skills
- Proficiency in Computers
How To Apply
Your application should demonstrate how your experience matches our requirements. It should include an up-to-date CV, the names and addresses of three referees, current remuneration package, valid email address and daytime contact telephone number:[email protected] and include position title in the subject line.
No phone calls please
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply
Closing: 30 Dec, 2011