Posted on :
12 Jul, 2016
12 Jul, 2016
It’s hard to believe that today over 650 million people still don’t have clean, safe water and over 2.3 billion live without a toilet. The resulting diseases kill one child every minute.
WaterAid is looking for a Country Director to play a vital role in our mission to transform lives with safe water, sanitation and hygiene in the world’s poorest communities.
Job Title: Country Director Ghana
You will be translating the Sustainable Development Goals into reality for your country. You enjoy challenges and are ready to build something new to make Ghana an independent member of the WaterAid federation. You are an influencer who can convince others of new ideas and approaches, both within and outside of your organization, someone who can get people engaged, committed and able to achieve results. You can develop and deliver strategy, making the necessary changes along the way.
To be successful, you’ll need to be:
– Motivated by challenges: able to build towards big, ambitious goals.
– An inspirational leader: able to create trust, help people understand how they can contribute and be proud of what they are doing.
– A change manager: able to lead an organization through significant and uncomfortable change.
– An influencer: able to sell ideas and change people’s thinking at a senior level, inside and outside of your organization.
– Open to learn: interested in new and better ways of doing things, and understand that you may not have all the answers yourself.
For further information, please download the job description here>
By 2030 we want everyone everywhere to have clean water, sanitation and hygiene. We need you to help us make it happen. If you bring your expertise, passion and professionalism, we’ll give you a lot back.
In order to apply, please kindly follow the link below:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. WaterAid is an equal opportunity employer; women and the disabled are particularly encouraged to apply.