Our growing international firm is seeking an experienced and professional Human Resources Manager to join its dedicated management team and provide leadership to the Human Resources Department. Currently, the firm has embarked on a growth and sustainability agenda and the aim is to reset the Ghana business operations for the future (organizational Changes). This position will play a key role in the organization’s reset strategy implementation process.
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
This position will provide the right person with promotion potential within 6 to 2 years of joining the team to resume the role as the Group Human Resources Manager.
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for human resources policies, procedures and standards of the organization from recruitment, training & development, managing employee benefits and retention of high performance. Also, assist senior management to implement a fit for purpose organizational structure tailored to the size and in line with the operational philosophy of the business to maximize the strategic use of human resources.
- Lead the implementation of the organizational change – Ghana business reset.
- Develop a job leveling and competency assessment for the business
- Develop a succession and retention plan for the business
- Development and per3formance appraisal system
- Assist in developing policies, procedures and processes for Human Resources Department to international best practices and in line with company SOP (Standard Operating Procedures)
- HR Business Partnering
- Work closely with departmental heads to deliver the people strategy within all business units.
Organisational Development and Effectiveness
- Develop and formulate the HR strategy in line with the Company business reset agenda.
- Design and implement cost-effective Organizational and individual learning and development activities that address the Company’s corporate learning and development needs.
- Ensure the effective management of HR Information systems for ease of access and retrieval.
- Administer the business performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance and equity within the organization.
- Lead the implementation of the Ghana Operations reset and business excellence project.
- Assist in the development and lead the implementation of HR processes, policies & procedures and systems to international standards and in line with Company SOP (Standard Operation Procedures).
Workforce planning (recruitment and hiring)
- Establish the best practices for planning, recruiting, interviewing, selecting and hiring employees.
Training, Development and Performance Appraisal
- Training and Development: Develop and manage an appropriate training and development system in line with projects requirements (based on effective training needs analysis and gap closing strategies)
- Employee performance Management: Work closely with line managers on objectives setting, development planning and annual appraisal for all permanent staff members and key contract personnel.
- Inclusion & Diversity: Assist line managers to drive an inclusive and diversity agenda across the business.
- Determine and recommend to senior management excellent employee relations practices necessary to establish and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation while meeting Legal, Social and Corporate governance.
- Assist management to provide an excellent business environment where employees enjoy job satisfaction while reaching their full potential.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
Remuneration and Conditions of Employment
- Develop a Condition of Employment for all employees in line with the labour laws & systems, industry best practices within the limits defined by the Company SOP. systems to international standards and in line with Company SOP (Standard Operation Procedures).
- Develop, implement and maintain competitive, fair and sustainable remuneration and benefits systems to international standards and in line with Company SOP (Standard Operation Procedures).
- Develop and institute a disciplinary system to reduce employee absenteeism, turnover, conducting investigations and representing the organization at hearings.
Human Resources Administration, Planning and Reporting
- Work closely with line managers and budget of human resources operations.
- Implement a job leveling and a pay structure for the business and maintains a pay plan by conduction periodic pay surveys.
- Develop and establish a world class human resources administration practices that reflect the Company strategy. This should be a simplified system tailored to the size of the business.
- Ensure effective management of HR information systems for ease of access and retrieval; keeping past and current records.
- Other management administrative activities (for example management committee member, disciplinary committee member, advise on hiring of key personnel, procurement review board member)
Succession plan & retention
- Work closely with line managers to develop a talent management plan, succession planning and retention of high performers.Accountable for a tailored employee development in line with the business staffing strategy.
Qualification and Experience:
- Degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration Management
- 10 to 15 years HR or Management experience.
- Proven track records in Organisational development and change management
- In-dept knowledge in employment legislation and the labour laws & systems in Ghana