The role is responsible for general academic oversight of the Business and Technology department at the Graduate and Undergraduate level. This includes the curriculum and course development, quality assurance of academic offerings in the department, assessment of learning outcomes, submission of accreditation reports and supervision of department’s faculty.
Job Title: Faculty and Head of Department – Business and Technology
Department: Academic Affairs
Reports to: Academic Director
Location: Accra, Ghana
Key Responsibilities include
- Recruit, hire and manage faculty for the Business and Technology school
- Play advisory role to the Academic Director and Academic Affairs Unit
- Teach at least two courses per semester
- Lead an outstanding team of highly experienced faculty to deliver the mandate of the University
- Manage department operations and provide effective leadership for faculty and students
- Plan and review of Curriculum and Courses (Undergrad and Grad) and development of degree plans for students in consultation with Academic Affairs Unit
- Recommend best practices to the University on programs and the overall academic development, direction and policies of the University
- Represent the University and the business department at conferences, meetings and forums (both internally and externally)
- Promote faculty professional development, scholarship and research
- Maximize learning for students by designing learning experiences that comply with the University’s policies, standards and tools.
Profile of Candidate
- A PhD. or terminal degree required in the field of Business, Marketing, Human Resources Management or equivalent
- Must have a Senior Lecturer ranking
- Extensive industry and academic experience in a business discipline
- A keen understanding across the domains of research and teaching
- Well published within the past five years
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a diverse, multicultural environment with international faculty, staff, students, parents, stakeholders, etc.
- Teaching experience in US higher education system and/or terminal degree from US educational institution
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Recognized track record in teaching, research, academic leadership and administration.