The West Africa Network for Peacebuilding, Ghana (WANEP-Ghana) seeks to facilitate the creation of a sustainable culture of non-violence, justice, peace and social reconciliation in Ghanaian communities by ensuring coordination and effectiveness among peace building practitioners in order to avoid duplication of efforts and maximize resources for more effective responses to conflict situations. It is the Ghana Country Office of the West Africa Network for Peace building (WANEP) and has operational presence in 7 regions of Ghana through its Regional Chapters.
Key program areas are: Conflict Early Warning and Early Response; Women and Youth in Peacebuilding; Community-based peacebuilding; Peace Education; Conflict research; scoping, risk assessment, and training.
Job Title: Conflict Mitigation Coordinator
- Department: Programmes
- Location: WANEP-Ghana, Tamale
- Immediate Supervisors: Programmes Manager
- Tenure: One (1) year with possibility of renewal
The Conflict Mitigation Coordinator (CMC) will coordinate and support the implementation of the Northern Ghana Governance Activity (NGGA), which is a USAID sponsored Creating Awareness and Relief Everywhere (CARE Int. in Ghana) led Agricultural governance project being implemented in 28 districts in the Northern, Upper East and Upper West Regions of Ghana.
- Internal: National Network Coordinator, Programmes Manager, Management team and other staff of WANEP
- External: National Boards, WANEP-Regional, CARE Int., Ghana, member organisations and WANEP-Ghana Partners and CSOs
- Support in the planning, organizing and implementing field activities of the project.
- Harmonize the project component on peace and security to the other components of capacity and governance, gender and livelihood activities of the project.
- Provide leadership in the monitoring of conflict threats and update of early warning data to the implementation of the project related to agric. and natural resources governance using the WANEP-Ghana early warning structures.
- Seek support and liaise with other project team members, related regional, district and local government structures and institutions in the implementation of the peace component
- Draft Press Releases for approvals prior to the implementation of major activities
- Write Impact/Success Stories on the activities of Component Four (4) and how it is contributing to the broader project objectives and goals
- Prepare and submit periodic implementation reports
- Maintain up to date contact list of all district peace and conflict stakeholders and build networks.
- Support in the monitoring, review and evaluation of the project based on targets and as part of the project management.
- Support the Early Warning Officer in developing regular briefs for the stakeholders of the Project
- Prepare concepts and ToRs for activities
- Make input into the technical concept notes of other consortium partners in order to make their activities responsive to peace and conflict issues in target districts
- Develop new project notes with project and management teams based on NGGA implementation.
- Develop a conflict mainstreaming strategy to guide how other consortium partners plan and implement their activities in a peace and conflict sensitive manner
- Participate in NGGA related programmes or on behalf of the Secretariat
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned to you by PCU or from the Secretariat
Required Skills or Experience
- A second degree in Peacebuilding, Peace studies, Conflict Transformation, International Relations, Development Studies and other related fields.
- A professional training in peace and conflict courses will be an added advantage
- A minimum of 3 years of previous professional experience in a similar position
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in projects/operations & management, preferably in a national or international NGO sector.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrable competence in peace and social project design and implementation, monitoring and evaluation as well as project coordination.
- Competence in use of different project design frame works such as logical frames, RBM and theory of change
- Experience in training and workshop facilitation
- Experience in report writing and reporting
- Competence in research and data analysis
- Good budgeting skills
- Demonstrable ability to build partnership and program networks.
- Have high communication skills.
- Be familiar with the context of the project geographic location demography.
- Must be peace, cultural and gender sensitive both in communicating and reporting.
- Must be conversant with the use of Microsoft office tools and internet.
- Be able to use social media such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. handles professionally.
- Must be result oriented but adoptive person
- Strong and flexible team leader able to inspire and lead team in an empowering manner
- Willing to travel and work outside normal working hours
- Integrity and Accountability
- Diversity and Respect
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should send application letters, curriculum vitae and supporting certificates to: [email protected] not later than 4:30pm 26th November, 2018.
Successful applicants will be expected to assume post immediately.