QA/QC Inspector will support in Providing on-site support to all other members of the construction supervision team.
The QA/QC Inspector is responsible for actively coordinating and addressing issues on site either personally or through collaboration with other site inspectors, engineers, quantity surveyors, contracts specialists, and quality and safety specialists
Job Title: Quality Assurance Quality Control Supervisor
- Supporting the administration of the Inspection Request process ensuring requests are processed and inspections properly documented within pre-defined timescales
- Undertaking inspection of works in progress/on completion against pre-defined standards and applicable drawings
- Providing on-site support to all other members of the construction supervision team. Assisting in developing and maintaining a proactive safety culture and incorporate safety observations into daily works inspection activity
- Monitoring construction progress against approved design and applicable standards – this infers a broad surveillance role beyond specifically undertaking inspections on request
- Providing survey Engineer and Site Engineers with prompt and accurate data and/or opinions on all survey activities and quality control issues
- Implementing effective record systems with especial reference to the compilation of as-built records
- Supporting the Survey Engineer in checking regularly the primary survey control beaconing and the setting out of all parts of the Permanent Works, before construction, and the line and level, after construction;
- ensuring prompt responses when the Contractor has called for inspections of setting out;
- supervising additional any Site surveys and, when appropriate, agreeing survey details with the Contractor;
- observing the performance of the finished works
- assisting the Survey Engineer and the Lead Engineers to maintain full and complete Site records;
- maintaining records, on purpose-made drawings, the actual levels and full details of any deviations from the working drawings;
- assisting in the preparation of as-built drawings (or checking those prepared by the Contractor according to contractual requirements);.
- attending Site meetings when required to do so;
- Providing support and advice to the Survey Engineer on survey/Civil matters.
- Obtaining support from the Quality Manager in implementing the QA/QC procedures
- Minimum HND in an engineering discipline
- Member of professional organisation..
Specific Skilled required
- Preparation of technical reports
- Supervision of civil construction
- Reading and interpreting plans and specifications
- Reading and interpreting time schedules for construction
- Focused on project delivery – attention to detail and quality with a capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- MI-S is a member of the construction supervision team and sound interpersonal skills and team ethics are essential
- Experience working for a consultant is required (3 years minimum)
- Experience in Marine Construction and /or site investigation is an advantage
- Experience working for a contractor is an advantage